Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

California- pod friendly state?

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by iwilldlvr, Mar 21, 2007.

1. iwilldlvr

iwilldlvr not listening

Pre-Podiatry
    Is CA a pod-friendly state? I know there is a school there, but is it really a friendly state? So far, I can tell TX is a very good place to practice but haven't really heard much about CA. Are certain cases more prominent there?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jonwill

jonwill Podiatrist
    Podiatrist Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    CA is a pod friendly state (good scope). In reality, there are very few states that are not pod friendly.

4. iwilldlvr

iwilldlvr not listening

Pre-Podiatry
    It just seems like some are better than others, like better scope and income. For instance, people usually complain about NY in regards to podiatry. I was just curious if CA was restrictive or maybe was known for certain cases. I'm just looking ahead a little bit at various residencies, even though I'm sure some things will change. :)

5. justincredible

justincredible SCPM c/o 2011

Podiatry Student
    From the doctors I have shadowed and spoke with here in California, and from what I could gather from basic research on the scope of practice here, I don't think CA is restriced. The practicing docs I know all seem to be doing very well for themselves, granted they are in the southern end of CA and nowhere near the Samuel Merrit school. Plus, the market for pods doesn't seem anywhere close to saturated, but this is only from what I gather and Im only a lowly pre-pod starting this Fall, but like you I have been looking ahead for good residencies and places to practice as well. ;)

6. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest

Podiatry Student
    Good state but as with anything in CA, high overhead.

7. diidy

Resident [Any Field]
    :thumbup: