California resident, ucirvine or oregon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaoming

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your vote for me?

Members don't see this ad.

as a cali resident who's seen OHSU, i'd picked OHSU over UCI. I also find OHSU environment more attractive. Plus OHSU offers excellent primary care training, if that is where your interests lie.

Neither is very popular on the USN&WR research rankings, although UCI has been able to snag an MSTP grant whereas OHSU still hasn't. I'd go with UCI (and did). It's a whole lot cheaper and has MUCH better weather.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that UCI is better (Go anteaters!), but realistically, I think the two schools are even in regards to chances of getting in.

Just my opinion, since I saw my friend w/ AMAZING stats (we live in CA) get rejected by all CA schools and got in to OHSU.

I got in both schools already. I just wanted to know which I should pick. Thank you guys.

uci isn't ranked in the top 50, but ohsu is #2 in primary care. that certainly shows it's excellent! i would go for ohsu!

Let us know what you decide!

Tough one isnt it? Hehe. I'll let you guys know after a little bit of more voting. Maybe I'll just be like Who Wants to be a Millionaire and go with the audience. !!!

congrats on both of your choices!!!

I have a friend that goes to OHSU and he absolutely loves it! and UCI is a great school!

here is the residency match list for OHSU, I couldn't find one for UCI:

Match List for OHSU

if you look at the list, they have people matching to stanford, UCSF, U of Washing and U of Michigan!!

it is a great school and ranked #2nd in primary care!!! congrats, my friend loves it there...I wish you the best with your decision

Accepted to both...result:

UCI Class of 2006

A good friend of mine had to make the same decision two years ago. She was planning to go to OSHU, but then got into UCI off the waitlist in late July. She was originally really excited about OSHU, but the opportunity to save lots of money, and in her case, to be near family, won out and she chose UCI. I think the money is really a big deal, which no one has mentioned so far. OSHU isn't cheap. My friend is very happy at UCI and doesn't regret her choice.