California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University (CSPM) Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weirdy

Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I recently had my interview and got accepted to CSPM. Thinking about reserving a seat. Anyone else out there applying? 👀

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have my interview tomorrow fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they really still interview until June? Thinking about applying soon. Would it be too late?

Do they really still interview until June? Thinking about applying soon. Would it be too late?
Depends when you want to apply but I would call the admissions if your want to know about available seats near the end of the cycle!

I recently had my interview and got accepted to CSPM. Thinking about reserving a seat. Anyone else out there applying? 👀
How long after the interview until they offered you an acceptance?

Just saw this. I hope it went well! They were really chill when I had my interview so I assume yours was similar
Yep interview was very laid back. Congrats on getting an acceptance btw!! Im still anxiously waiting for a decision!!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah CSPM is one of my top schools. I love how you get the early clinical experience! How about you are you reserving your seat?
After a full month of hair-pulling and contemplation, I have decided to reserve my seat at CSPM but WesternU is still lingering somewhere in the back of my mind ^^! Now I occasionally scan SDN for potential future classmates but it's awfully quiet on this thread. Needless to say, I am ecstatic to hear that you also interviewed!

Reactions: 2 users
After a full month of hair-pulling and contemplation, I have decided to reserve my seat at CSPM but WesternU is still lingering somewhere in the back of my mind ^^! Now I occasionally scan SDN for potential future classmates but it's awfully quiet on this thread. Needless to say, I am ecstatic to hear that you also interviewed!
Yeah I agree! I have been using the threads here for the last few years to prepare but this years cycle's weirdly quiet. Yes hopefully I hear back soon maybe I'll see you in class LOL. Whichever school you chose I hope you kill it guy sansei

Members don't see this ad :)
guy sansei
*cries happy tears*

Yeah I agree! I have been using the threads here for the last few years to prepare but this years cycle's weirdly quiet. Yes hopefully I hear back soon maybe I'll see you in class LOL. Whichever school you chose I hope you kill it guy sansei
DO let us know when you hear back. I await your good news!

Can you submit your application without your LOR? Or do you need to have them before submitting in order to get verified?

Can you submit your application without your LOR? Or do you need to have them before submitting in order to get verified?
I believe you can submit it and get verified without it. But then the school may directly ask for a LOR if they need it. I would contact the school just to double check tho they're really helpful!

Hey guys! Did you all attend the interview virtually? or in-person? Also, how did you prepare for it?

Hey guys! Did you all attend the interview virtually? or in-person? Also, how did you prepare for it?
I had my interview in February and it was virtual. Before the interview, I looked through the questions on SDN's Interview Feedback page for the school, focusing mostly on my reasoning and decision of pursuing podiatry, knowing my application well, and any weaknesses/strengths that can be observed by the committee looking through my app. The interview turned out exactly as planned, and it was also super chill which was a bonus. The faculty was friendly and pretty much stuck to the application for the most part.
Example questions that I got:
- why pod? v. MD or DO?
- why CSPM? what do you like about the school?
- since you haven't shadow any pods, what have you done to learn more about the field?
- I noticed that you had x.y.z. on your transcript, can you shed some light on that?
- tell me a bit about X activity that you participated in during sophomore year?

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 3 users
I had my interview in February and it was virtual. Before the interview, I looked through the questions on SDN's Interview Feedback page for the school, focusing mostly on my reasoning and decision of pursuing podiatry, knowing my application well, and any weaknesses/strengths that can be observed by the committee looking through my app. The interview turned out exactly as planned, and it was also super chill which was a bonus. The faculty was friendly and pretty much stuck to the application for the most part.
Example questions that I got:
- why pod? v. MD or DO?
- why CSPM? what do you like about the school?
- since you haven't shadow any pods, what have you done to learn more about the field?
- I noticed that you had x.y.z. on your transcript, can you shed some light on that?
- tell me a bit about X activity that you participated in during sophomore year?

Hope that helps!
Very insightful! Thank you so much!

Accepted!! :) Thank you all so much for your help!!

Reactions: 3 users
Did you reserve a seat there as well?

Did you reserve a seat there as well?
I did! I'm very excited to meet new peeps for the upcoming school year, but the low traffic volume on this forum lowkey has been worrying me haha it's fair to say I'm more than ecstatic to hear that you're also committing to CSPM!

I did! I'm very excited to meet new peeps for the upcoming school year, but the low traffic volume on this forum lowkey has been worrying me haha it's fair to say I'm more than ecstatic to hear that you're also committing to CSPM!
How awesome!! Honestly I'm just waiting for the FB group to be created so we can connect with the other 2026 people!!

I felt the same and that was 4 years ago. Not a lot of us come on here or even make accounts to post. Don't let it bother you.

Make good friends. Study hard, cry together, cheer for each other. Enjoy the Bay Area.

I've made life long friends in my class.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I felt the same and that was 4 years ago. Not a lot of us come on here or even make accounts to post. Don't let it bother you.

Make good friends. Study hard, cry together, cheer for each other. Enjoy the Bay Area.

I've made life long friends in my class.
That makes me feel a lot better. Appreciate the wisdom as always 🤙

How awesome!! Honestly I'm just waiting for the FB group to be created so we can connect with the other 2026 people!!
Have you received the invite to the group yet? I got an email but can't join the group for some reason, keep getting an error message

Have you received the invite to the group yet? I got an email but can't join the group for some reason, keep getting an error message
I just did a day ago. No problems on my end. I'll pm you and we can try to figure it out.

Hey guys I also received an error message as well. Tried reaching out to Dr. Tran. Was wondering if there is an group chat available
Not at the moment I dont believe. A few other folks are having issues as well. I tried inviting/admitting someone into the groupchat unsuccessfully recently so she's contacting Dr. Tran as well to figure it out. I'll let you know if there's any updates.

Not at the moment I dont believe. A few other folks are having issues as well. I tried inviting/admitting someone into the groupchat unsuccessfully recently so she's contacting Dr. Tran as well to figure it out. I'll let you know if there's any updates.
Gotchu thanks again

Gotchu thanks again
I had issues joining the group too. I got an email as well but my facebook account was under a different email so I sent Dr. Tran an email asking him to join the group with my facebook email, then I was able to request to join the group but I had to email him again so that he could accept my request to join the group.

I had issues joining the group too. I got an email as well but my facebook account was under a different email so I sent Dr. Tran an email asking him to join the group with my facebook email, then I was able to request to join the group but I had to email him again so that he could accept my request to join the group.

I’ve also sent Dr. Tran an email as well regarding the error message I was receiving in joining the group. I tried searching for the group on Facebook and google but I can’t seem to find. If you don’t mind could you attach a link or pm me that link.

The application deadline for this school is June 30, but I’m noticing many people applied way back in winter and early spring. I just submitted mine last week. Am I wasting my time? Has anyone gotten in this late in the game? I thought I was ahead, and now I’m realizing I’m behind.

The application deadline for this school is June 30, but I’m noticing many people applied way back in winter and early spring. I just submitted mine last week. Am I wasting my time? Has anyone gotten in this late in the game? I thought I was ahead, and now I’m realizing I’m behind.
I still am debating applying because I haven't seen any emails from them telling us "there's still seats in their class", someone told me when applying this late only apply to places sending out those emails to help save money. Have you got any emails from them? Also where else have you applied so far? Have you heard back yet?

I applied to 7 schools in mid May and have gotten 3 acceptances so far (including here), with just another interview invite today. You should def call and ask any and all programs you're applying to if they have space, and what their waitlist policy is, because they don't fill seats as quickly as the MD/DO schools. I believe some programs like Scholl and Barry will even just defer you to the next year if you get waitlisted and a spot doesn't open up by the time school starts.

I applied to 7 schools in mid May and have gotten 3 acceptances so far (including here), with just another interview invite today. You should def call and ask any and all programs you're applying to if they have space, and what their waitlist policy is, because they don't fill seats as quickly as the MD/DO schools. I believe some programs like Scholl and Barry will even just defer you to the next year if you get waitlisted and a spot doesn't open up by the time school starts.
Barry, Scholl, and this school are the 3 I'm holding off on. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on them finally esp bc I'd really like to go to a CA program.

You mind sharing who gave you the II today?

Barry, Scholl, and this school are the 3 I'm holding off on. Maybe I'll pull the trigger on them finally esp bc I'd really like to go to a CA program.

You mind sharing who gave you the II today?
Western, but unlike the other schools, Western took the longest to acknowledge that I even applied to them (like 3 weeks). Conversely, Barry and DMU gave me IIs less than week after submission, but Barry is so far the only school that's rejected me, while DMU has yet to give me an answer. Barry was also full when they were interviewing me, so you'll def want to double check with them regarding the WL policy.

omg congrats!! That's my top choice so nice to know they're still interviewing people. I just submitted here, fingers crossed!! How far out is western's interview?

omg congrats!! That's my top choice so nice to know they're still interviewing people. I just submitted here, fingers crossed!! How far out is western's interview?
They gave options for the 21 or 28.

you've gave me hope for an II and now I don't have to go to Pomona!! (I'm from the east coast so I don't wanna go that far unless I'd be officially moving)

Thanks for all your help!

What's your top choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.