California School of Podiatric Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JEWmongous

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone currently attending this pod school? What do you guys who interviewed there think of CSPM? Is the campus in oakland really that bad? I am just curious to see your opinions. I cannot find much info on the school itself from people on SDN. All I have heard is that that oakland sucks, the campus is crap and all concrete, only 20 students in one of the class years, they can barely fill their classes, and more. I am not saying this is true of course, as I have never interviewed there or seen the school, but this is what was written in some older posts. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For some reason, we don't get a lot of Cali students on the forum.

I interviewed at CSPM 4 years ago so maybe some changes have been made. I was less than impressed with Samuel Merritt in Oakland. The clinics in SF were good though. A big negative for me was having to commute across the bay all of the time between classes and clinic. I also didn't like how their 4th year was set up (9 months in one place).

Don't be too alarmed by the class size issue there. The 07's have a small class but apps were down across the board that year. I am at a program now with largely Cali students and most of them know there stuff. They have had trouble filling classes but I think it is more the $$$ issue of living in SF that deters people from going there. Especially us family guys.

Anyone currently attending this pod school? What do you guys who interviewed there think of CSPM? Is the campus in oakland really that bad? I am just curious to see your opinions. I cannot find much info on the school itself from people on SDN. All I have heard is that that oakland sucks, the campus is crap and all concrete, only 20 students in one of the class years, they can barely fill their classes, and more. I am not saying this is true of course, as I have never interviewed there or seen the school, but this is what was written in some older posts. Let me know what you all think. Thanks!

I interviewed there a week and half ago and I actually liked it. I received an acceptance package from them earlier this week. I was there a few years ago for their open house event and since then, things have changed alot. They've rennovated most of the buildings and replace all of their computers with new ones. They just built new "smart" interactive classrooms and installed several new simulation labs. The only thing that I didn't like about the school was the Pod clinic was in a hospital in SF so you had to commute about 45 mins across the bay to get there. But your first yr, you still pretty much in Oakland. As of right now, I wouldn't mind going to Samuel Merritt since its closer to home and convienent. That and also the girlfriend lives 30 mins away from Oakland :laugh: But AZPOD and DMU still sounds more tempting, so I might have a big dilemma on my hands soon.

As for Oakland itself, it's ghetto but it's not THAT bad. The neighborhoods around USC and LA areas are alot worse. But then again, I am from california so I've seen everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is good to hear bout the california school. I will def apply there and hopefully interview. Anyone else have any recent opinions of CSPM?

Then again, I could be biased since I am from Cali :D

I have heard bad things about this school. Of course, if you live off of what others say, you won't get anywhere. However, one of my sources is a former student who says the school is as shady as oakland.
Now, my disclaimer. You need to check it out and make your own decision. They are fully accredited, and therefore are endorsed as a legit school. Weigh all the options and opinions, check it out yourself, then go with your gut. Good luck.