1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

California Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Pebbs, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Pebbs

Pebbs Member

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pebbs

Pebbs Member

Have any of you guys received anything from the California schools?

So far, I have received the following:

UOP: Letter notification of receipt of AADSAS
    UCSF: Registrar's form & receipt of AADSAS
    UCLA: Secondary/Personal History Form

But no word from USC or Loma Linda yet...has anyone heard from either school at all (other than receipt of your application fee)???

I'm getting worried - maybe they never received my application from AADSAS?!?!?! Please let me know! Thanks guys.

4. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    I've received word from every school except USC. Even last year, my friends told me that USC was the most delayed school. one of my friends got a rejection letter, then three months down the road got an interview invite :eek: .

Something doesn't smell right about that school. Schools that have received my AADSAS, whom I haven't sent a app fee too are thanking me for applying, but nothing from USC.

I only have to say this about USC --> U.SuC

DesiDentist

5. ohgee

ohgee Senior Member

Hello..

When you guys submit the checks to UCLA..do you include the personal history form (downloable from the website), or do you wait till they ask for it. I called UCLA and they said send the personal history form with the checks. But I don't know when my AADSAS # will arrive (which's asked in the form).

Also personal history form = UCLA supp application?

Thanks

6. Regina330

Regina330 Senior Member

One thing I learned about USC and the whole application process is that they are SLOW. Last year, when I already had 3 interviews set up, I got a letter from USC sometime in Sept, thinking it was the interview invite, but it was just a letter saying that they received my app, but they will not begin to review any apps until they get their new class situated (yeah USC 2006!) So be patient, in the application process, USC did everything the slowest.