California State Board Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sorina

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for people who are in the same boat with me: took or will take California Licensure examination so we can exchange opinions or help each other!!!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Sorina,

I'm planning to take the Bench test soon. Think you have cleared it. Can you let me know your experience? Where did you take classes for bench test? Did you find them helpful?

Thanks

I passed the Bench in 2001 !I went to UCLA Dr.Stevenson course!As I remember I think it was 7-8 days intensive course!You have to spend at least 3500-4000$.It is very hard exam but if you are luky you'll make it!
I don't have a lot of Clinical experience,as a matter of fact none !You have to focus on what they teach you to do!I spend at least 3-4 months practicing on typodont!!!And make sure your Typodont is equilibrated!They will show you how to equilibrate this is the hardest part!
My advice is for you to register for the course a.s.a.p ,they'll send you the sylabus,ask for the sylabus;learn the teory first, so you'll now how to make the preparations!!!!!
Success!!!!If you have any questions feel free to ask!!!!
The Clinical exam after the Bench is harder!!!It's more complicated then you think!I don't live in California so is even harder ;it's easier for people who live there!!!I went to take the clinical once and I didn't make it!
:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll give you the e-mail address for supplies list for Bench test:
[email protected]
UCLA STORE,HEALTH SCIENCES
308 Westood Plaza
LOS ANGELES,Ca 90024
Ph.310-206-0924
Fx310-206-3918
Nobody will sell their bench instruments because you need them for Clinical Exam!
I heard that Dr.Duggand course is better but it is too long!(few months)So for people who don't live in Calif it is better to take Dr.Stevenson course!It's just my oppinion!:D

Hi Sorina,

It's good to know your take on the Bench test at Cal.
I'll soon have many more questions about it.

I'm still trying to decide between UCLA & Duggan's.

Thanks much for the contacts of UCLA. I'll get in touch
with them.

If I get any info about the Licensure exams, will post it
on this forum.

hi sorina
the ucla stevenson course will it help to face the bench testes in other colleges,pl do reply

HI!
I'm not sure if it help but it will help you preparing for California Bench test and it will help you with your future carier in dentistry!!:(

Hi sorina, please check your pm.

Hi

I am just in a fix where to take the training?How did you manage were 7-8 days of coaching enough? Just let me know.

How about the marerial where do we have to buy it?

Please let me know.

Originally posted by sorina
I passed the Bench in 2001 !I went to UCLA Dr.Stevenson course!As I remember I think it was 7-8 days intensive course!You have to spend at least 3500-4000$.It is very hard exam but if you are luky you'll make it!
I don't have a lot of Clinical experience,as a matter of fact none !You have to focus on what they teach you to do!I spend at least 3-4 months practicing on typodont!!!And make sure your Typodont is equilibrated!They will show you how to equilibrate this is the hardest part!
My advice is for you to register for the course a.s.a.p ,they'll send you the sylabus,ask for the sylabus;learn the teory first, so you'll now how to make the preparations!!!!!
Success!!!!If you have any questions feel free to ask!!!!
The Clinical exam after the Bench is harder!!!It's more complicated then you think!I don't live in California so is even harder ;it's easier for people who live there!!!I went to take the clinical once and I didn't make it!
:confused:

Hi Sorina,
I've done my course from Duggan...and had applied for he May exam....unfortunately..my application was not selected..but I've heard they will consider the remaining application for August...My problem is that the exam in august is in USC...COuld u please help me with the preps that UCLA teaches..I mean the standards regarding A/B/C plane reduction....if u could share ur syllabus...it could be a great help...!
Thanks..