Call admissions dean about waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuttyp3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it uncouth to call the admissions dean, or another admissions committee member to see if they have any unclarified questions regarding your application? Or is an email more appropriate?

My situation is that I have been waitlisted by my top choice, and would very much like an acceptance. A few weeks after my interview (in early Sept) I sent a Letter of Intent, and then followed with an update after a few publications had been accepted (the update included publications, work experiences, and personal interests and was sent in early Feb). I was hoping these documents would factor into their initial decision, and I would be offered an immediate acceptance. Unfortunately, they felt otherwise. In short, I would like to continue keeping in touch with them, and showing my continued interest. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

nuttyp3 said:
Is it uncouth to call the admissions dean, or another admissions committee member to see if they have any unclarified questions regarding your application? Or is an email more appropriate?

My situation is that I have been waitlisted by my top choice, and would very much like an acceptance. A few weeks after my interview (in early Sept) I sent a Letter of Intent, and then followed with an update after a few publications had been accepted (the update included publications, work experiences, and personal interests and was sent in early Feb). I was hoping these documents would factor into their initial decision, and I would be offered an immediate acceptance. Unfortunately, they felt otherwise. In short, I would like to continue keeping in touch with them, and showing my continued interest. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I think what you've done is already plenty. You don't want to drown them.

maybe give it a bit more time, but id say calling is far from too much. ive heard of a call making all the difference, and i really dont think a single call would ever be considered annoying or such, so it cant do any harm

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the opinions folks!! very much appreciated :luck:

nuttyp3 said:

I feel your pain!