call AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glucose

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so AMCAS is screwing me up. They still haven't transmitted all of my schools. It's been two months.I need to call them but can't find the number. Does anyone know what it is?

Members don't see this ad.

(202) 828-0600

Thanks Polargirl :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I send an email to Georgetown checking up on my status, they email me back saying that they received the electronic version of the AMCAS app, but they won't send a secondary until a hardcopy of the AMCAS app is sent by AMCAS.

Okay, so I send an email to AMCAS asking when they will send the hardcopy, and they send me an email saying that all the apps were send 7/19, and if schools haven't received them, then the schools should contact them.

W. T. F.

I don't know who to be more pissed at - Georgetown - or any other school that will not move the app forward until a hardcopy of the AMCAS form is recevied, or AMCAS, who, even when I forwarded them a copy of the email from Georgetown, couldn't be bothered to contact the school themselves to investigate and resolve the issue.

And it took them a week to reply to me.

I've got zero power in this - I can't force AMCAS to do squat, and my verifying in July does me phvck-all if the schools that require a hardcopy don't get them until September. I can't force the schools I'm applying to to accept the electronic version of the AMCAS, even though it's the SAME DAMN THING as the hardcopy that they want.

I'm plenty pissed right now, and what kills me most is that I have to coordinate between two big entities - AMCAS and the schools.

I wish I knew a lawyer so I could sic 'em on AMCAS. Thay have really phvcked things up again.

- Tae

Its really sucky that stuff like that happening is fairly common. Not as bad as last year, but still....it is way too expensive of a service to be having problems like that.

I've already had to call them within a week of submitting, because of problems on their end. That's why I put the number in my cell phone. I figured there's a good chance I'd need it again before this whole process is over.