Call from Financial Aid Office Without Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgscot

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had the medical school financial aid call you before you were accepted? I received a call from financial aid last week to confirm some information; however, I haven't been accepted yet. I interviewed at this school three weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back. Think this is a good sign or a fluke??

Members don't see this ad.

rgscot said:
Has anyone ever had the medical school financial aid call you before you were accepted? I received a call from financial aid last week to confirm some information; however, I haven't been accepted yet. I interviewed at this school three weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back. Think this is a good sign or a fluke??

If you indicated that school on the FAFSA, maybe it's just follow-up for that? I don't know why they'd devote staff time to applicants that hadn't even been accepted yet though, so I don't know?

Maybe they're just focking with your head. If I were in charge and I had a slow day at work, I would totally do that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they're just focking with your head. If I were in charge and I had a slow day at work, I would totally do that.

same thing same thing. So, did you get in? Please say yes.

all schools are looking at active students (ones that haven't been rejected) The information is sent to the fin. aid people... the packages will be about arriving mid march. I filed out my fin aid fasha... it had 10 places to put schools I filled out all places I should be getting information from those schools That I am active at. Like if I am wait listed I should fill out all the fin aid info in case I get in, everything will be in place and I won't miss any funding the funding has dead lines