Call schedules BIDMC/BWH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baleine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can somebody remind me what the call schedules are like for these 2 programs? I know I should've written it down when I interviewed, but I didn't, and it doesn't seem to be included in the written materials.

Also, do you guys have the feeling that BI is the more friendly of the two programs? I didn't notice that when I visited, but I've heard it said . . .

Members don't see this ad.

Somewhat unrelated, but does anyone know about fellowship matches for BID?

Somewhat unrelated, but does anyone know about fellowship matches for BID?

I believe it was given out on interview day. The 2005-2006 appointments are also available online:

http://bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?node_id=6948

I don't have my copy of the 2007 list handy right now but can summarize for you if you PM me and want to know about something specific.

Again, can anybody fill me in on the call schedule at BI? Also, other impressions of BI? Nobody did a review this year, and I've forgotten most of what I saw (and liked!) on the interview trail . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
The call schedule at BIDMC is q4 during ward blocks. No overnights, last admission can be given at 8:30pm.
In the ICU, it's q3.

I am an intern at BIDMC, feel free to message/post any additional questions you have.

cheers, and good luck

I believe it was given out on interview day. The 2005-2006 appointments are also available online:

http://bidmc.harvard.edu/display.asp?node_id=6948

I don't have my copy of the 2007 list handy right now but can summarize for you if you PM me and want to know about something specific.

Again, can anybody fill me in on the call schedule at BI? Also, other impressions of BI? Nobody did a review this year, and I've forgotten most of what I saw (and liked!) on the interview trail . . .

I have a friend who is an intern at BWH and as of 2-3 months ago, there were >10 different call schedules in place on the different services. The residency is still piloting different systems (in a very democratic manner) in order to come up with the best fit. During this period of flux, I know it's been pretty confusing for the interns. I'm not totally up to date on this though and apologize if there's been some resolution in the meantime.