JMoney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
Status
I just called NOVA and they said that letters are being mailed out today!!

As far as Arizona goes they call you today I guess and they are sending out letters today as well.

They will not give out information over the phone so be patient guys/gals.

Catfish how do you know that you got into NOVA???

Catfish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2005
Status
Dental Student
JMoney [B said:
Catfish how do you know that you got in to NOVA???[/B]
JMoney, I got a certified mail from Nova this morning in my mailbox at 11am. It's a thin letter, with only one piece of paper saying congratulations. It's postmarked on Nov. 29. Plus, I live in Florida, 7 hrs driving away from Nova.

Hope this helps, and best of luck to all of you :)

About the Ads

SunnyDay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
JMoney said:
congrats!!!

I also called, and they would not give info over the phone although the lady told me they had sent acceptances out last week and are also doing it this week. JMoney, did you interview October 21 at Nova?

JMoney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
Status
yes I did @ 11:45!! Where are you from??

SunnyDay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
JMoney said:
yes I did @ 11:45!! Where are you from??

Hey, I interviewed with you. I am from Nashville, TN (Vanderbilt Univ). I figured it might be you because I remember you talking about how your top choices were Arizona and Nova. I was the half white/half Asian kid. Hopefully, we will hear something soon! Later.

Sk8aBull

Should be Studying...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2004
FL
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Catfish said:
JMoney, I got a certified mail from Nova this morning in my mailbox at 11am. It's a thin letter, with only one piece of paper saying congratulations. It's postmarked on Nov. 29. Plus, I live in Florida, 7 hrs driving away from Nova.

Hope this helps, and best of luck to all of you :)
I got the same thing!

what will your choice be, UF or Nova?

Catfish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Sk8aBull said:
I got the same thing!

what will your choice be, UF or Nova?
I think UF for me :) . UF is cheaper, high reputation, good passing rate, plus I go UF now. How about u?

Sk8aBull

Should be Studying...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2004
FL
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
Catfish said:
I think UF for me :) . UF is cheaper, high reputation, good passing rate, plus I go UF now. How about u?

I'm still trying to decide. UF is closer, 2 hours vs. 4 hours for Nova. Both have great programs. I like Nova's facilities better. I like having the option of taking Part 1 of the boards after first year. Both schools have high pass rates. UF is cheaper, but I'm not sure if I'll be completely happy there. I have family both in Gainesville and Ft. Lauderdale so that helps. I know a LOT of dental students @ UF. I only know one at Nova, but I make friends easily so I suppose that isn't much of an issue. I figure skate- Gainesville has zero ice rinks, while Ft. Lauderdale has 3... and 2 of them are 13 minutes away from campus. I don't know how I'd fare without having the ice there to help me to de-stress. It keeps my sanity and it great excercise and challenge. I like Nova's simlab better than UF's.

I just don't know where to go, I don't know what the right choice is. This is the hardest decision of my life. The battle in my head has been going on for 3 years now... and I'm down to Jan 9th to make my decision (I don't want to mail money to a school that I'm not attending lol)

MikeyLu2010

UT Longhorns Alumni
10+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2005
Houston, TX
Status
Attending Physician
thats weird...im applying to NOVA's DO program..and they call the applicants..before they mail out the letters..weird that they refuse to give out info over the fone in the dental school

Catfish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 11, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Sk8aBull said:
I just don't know where to go, I don't know what the right choice is. This is the hardest decision of my life. The battle in my head has been going on for 3 years now... and I'm down to Jan 9th to make my decision (I don't want to mail money to a school that I'm not attending lol)
Happy dilemma, enjoy it :) I still think UF is a much better school than Nova, facilities are great too, look at the huge sim lab. But my problem is the city. I went to a CC then transferred to UF last year. I've been in Gainesville for only a year and a half, and I'm really bored with this place. Only one shopping mall, three big streets in town (University, 13th, & Archer) Very boring. I'm not sure if I can spend another 4 yrs in this city. It's definitely a big decision.

MissingPolaris

Cemetoenamel Junction
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
What if you didn't get a phone call from Arizona today, does that mean you didn't make it the first wave? I am a little disappointed...

DentalNerd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
MissingPolaris said:
What if you didn't get a phone call from Arizona today, does that mean you didn't make it the first wave? I am a little disappointed...
They told our interview group that only 20 acceptances go out Dec 1. Providing we have not received a rejection letter, I think we still have a chance. I wonder if they have a rolling process so we don't have to wait until mid Jan like other schools. Since they don't try to fill the class on 12/1, I think they might keep sending acceptances....don't know for sure how it works.

About the Ads