1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Called NOVA and ASDOH!!! Look at this Catfish

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by JMoney, Dec 1, 2005.

1. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I just called NOVA and they said that letters are being mailed out today!!

As far as Arizona goes they call you today I guess and they are sending out letters today as well.

They will not give out information over the phone so be patient guys/gals.

Catfish how do you know that you got into NOVA???

2. Catfish

Catfish Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    JMoney, I got a certified mail from Nova this morning in my mailbox at 11am. It's a thin letter, with only one piece of paper saying congratulations. It's postmarked on Nov. 29. Plus, I live in Florida, 7 hrs driving away from Nova.

Hope this helps, and best of luck to all of you :)

3. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

congrats!!!

4. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I also called, and they would not give info over the phone although the lady told me they had sent acceptances out last week and are also doing it this week. JMoney, did you interview October 21 at Nova?

5. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

yes I did @ 11:45!! Where are you from??

6. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Hey, I interviewed with you. I am from Nashville, TN (Vanderbilt Univ). I figured it might be you because I remember you talking about how your top choices were Arizona and Nova. I was the half white/half Asian kid. Hopefully, we will hear something soon! Later.

7. Sk8aBull

Sk8aBull Should be Studying...
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got the same thing!

what will your choice be, UF or Nova?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Catfish

Catfish Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I think UF for me :) . UF is cheaper, high reputation, good passing rate, plus I go UF now. How about u?

9. Sk8aBull

Sk8aBull Should be Studying...
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student

I'm still trying to decide. UF is closer, 2 hours vs. 4 hours for Nova. Both have great programs. I like Nova's facilities better. I like having the option of taking Part 1 of the boards after first year. Both schools have high pass rates. UF is cheaper, but I'm not sure if I'll be completely happy there. I have family both in Gainesville and Ft. Lauderdale so that helps. I know a LOT of dental students @ UF. I only know one at Nova, but I make friends easily so I suppose that isn't much of an issue. I figure skate- Gainesville has zero ice rinks, while Ft. Lauderdale has 3... and 2 of them are 13 minutes away from campus. I don't know how I'd fare without having the ice there to help me to de-stress. It keeps my sanity and it great excercise and challenge. I like Nova's simlab better than UF's.

I just don't know where to go, I don't know what the right choice is. This is the hardest decision of my life. The battle in my head has been going on for 3 years now... and I'm down to Jan 9th to make my decision (I don't want to mail money to a school that I'm not attending lol)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    thats weird...im applying to NOVA's DO program..and they call the applicants..before they mail out the letters..weird that they refuse to give out info over the fone in the dental school

11. Catfish

Catfish Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Happy dilemma, enjoy it :) I still think UF is a much better school than Nova, facilities are great too, look at the huge sim lab. But my problem is the city. I went to a CC then transferred to UF last year. I've been in Gainesville for only a year and a half, and I'm really bored with this place. Only one shopping mall, three big streets in town (University, 13th, & Archer) Very boring. I'm not sure if I can spend another 4 yrs in this city. It's definitely a big decision.

12. MissingPolaris

MissingPolaris Cemetoenamel Junction
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    What if you didn't get a phone call from Arizona today, does that mean you didn't make it the first wave? I am a little disappointed...

13. DentalNerd

DentalNerd Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    They told our interview group that only 20 acceptances go out Dec 1. Providing we have not received a rejection letter, I think we still have a chance. I wonder if they have a rolling process so we don't have to wait until mid Jan like other schools. Since they don't try to fill the class on 12/1, I think they might keep sending acceptances....don't know for sure how it works.