called NYCOM -- said "your basicallly under review right now" -- what does that mean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i sent my aacomas in last week....maybe i'll back soon and get an interview offer PLEASE ..we'll see.

Members don't see this ad.

it means you are under review ;) , hey Dr, just be patient. I've read alot of your posts and I must say that I think you worry too much....not getting accepted to med school is NOT the end of the world...take it from a guy who has been rejected two years in a row and now I'm on my way to med school somewhere (haven't made up my mind yet) :clap: I would advise you study your ass off the April MCAT, get your results in June, submitted to the schools that you are waitlist it at ( I think you said Einstein waitlisted you right?) including some of the schools that you are still waiting to hear from now...because let's be real man, if you interview this late in the game....most likely it'll be for a waitlist, but I'M SURE that come MAY 15th...those waitlists will move! So there's your chance. Good luck to you and relax.......:cool:

Hey theDr.,

Here's some information on NYCOM that may ease your mind a bit (or maybe not). :)

This information is from USNEWS 2004 grad schools. It is online and anyone can purchase it for $10 although I think the 2005 version is coming out soon.

---NYCOM information---
2002-2003 Full-time Enrollment
Total: 1,135
In-state: 70.2%
Men: 48.6%
Women: 51.4%
Minorities: 41.4%
Underrepresented minorities: 13.2%
International: 0.2%

--------------Applied /Interviewed /Accepted /Enrolled
Total-----2,437 / 720 / 566 / 265
In state----- 548 / 367 / 202 / 92
Out of state----- 1,889 / 353 / 364 / 173
Women----- 1,332 / 380 / 315 / 146
Minorities----- 936 / 268 / 218 / 112
International----- 10 / 1 / 1 / 1

Acceptance rate: 23.2%

GPA
Average undergraduate GPA: 3.4

MCAT
Overall score (composite): 7.9
Verbal reasoning: 7.2
Physical sciences: 8.1
Biological: 8.4
Writing: M

Undergraduate Majors
Biological sciences (biology, microbiology, zoology, etc.): 48%
Physical sciences (biochemistry, chemistry, engineering, etc.): 10%
Non-sciences (sociology, economics, English, etc.): 19%
Other health professions (nursing, pharmacy, etc.): 5%
Mixed disciplines and other: 18%

Residency Program Admissions
2002 graduates admitted to their first-choice residency program: 50.2%
2002 graduates admitted to one of their top three choices of residency programs: 89.9%

Primary-Care and In-State Residencies
Three-year average (2000, 2001, and 2002) of graduates entering primary-care specialties (family practice, general pediatrics, general internal medicine): 62.0%
Two-year average (2000 and 2001) of graduates accepting in-state residencies: 77.0%

Financial Aid (2002-2003 Academic Year)
Students receiving any financial aid: 91%
Students receiving loans: 91%
Students receiving grants/scholarships: 2%
Students receiving work study: 0%

Average indebtedness for 2001 graduates who incurred medical school debt: $153,966

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks slickness

so i called NYCOM today to see if they received a letter from a DO and nothing was mentioned about my file :-( On friday they said it was under review -- if I had been given an interview wouldn't they have mentioned it....is this a bad sign....