Called off waitlist after HPSP contract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YayPudding

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

What happens if a student is called off the waitlist of a school after signing the HPSP contract? Can they take the offer and use HPSP at the new school?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So you got accepted to med school A and told HPSP you'd attend there and accept the scholarship but med school B offered an acceptance from the wait list and you want to attend there with HPSP instead? Sounds like you need to call the HPSP office tomorrow to make sure they haven't cut a check really really super early for tuition to med school A. But I assume they'll just have more paperwork for you to sign to change schools that HPSP is paying.

Oh, and you loose your deposit at med school A.

Reactions: 1 user
So you got accepted to med school A and told HPSP you'd attend there and accept the scholarship but med school B offered an acceptance from the wait list and you want to attend there with HPSP instead? Sounds like you need to call the HPSP office tomorrow to make sure they haven't cut a check really really super early for tuition to med school A. But I assume they'll just have more paperwork for you to sign to change schools that HPSP is paying.

Oh, and you loose your deposit at med school A.
I'm pre-HPSP commitment and don't have such an issue yet, but may in a few weeks. Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same situation. Have signed my acceptance letter but have not yet commissioned. On the waitlist at my top choice that continues to move.

Reactions: 1 user