Calling All Einstein Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SarahGM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is really a question about student life.

I'm a big fan of the city, so clearly Einstein is in a great (albeit removed, which is also a plus) locale.

However, I also enjoy nature and the outdoors. How far away are the local ski areas? Is there anywhere to get away and camp/hike/etc? Is there even an outdoorsy contingent at Einstein?

Members don't see this ad.

I also have a question for AECOM students.

Where are the nice places to live in Bronx and still close enough to commute? I hear most students live in Westchester or Park Slope (?). Is this true? Can you be more specific?

To tell you the truth, I like AECOM the school ALOT, but not so much the surrounding environment (wasn't too impressed with the dorms, either).

Thanks alot!

As a non-outdoorsy Einstein student, I can still tell you that ppl get out and camp/hike/ski. I think the closest ski areas are about 45 minutes away by car. There's an AMSA-organized ski trip every year to Mt. Tremblant in Canada which is always well-attended and lots of fun. In terms of camping and hiking, Einstein has an Outdoors club and the school actually provides some equipment. You can look on:
http://www.aecommunity.com/public/cgi-bin/main.cgi?page=clubs_recreational
I can't guarantee that the contact info is up to date however. But that should be a start.

As for where people live...the vast majority of students live in the Einstein apts. because it's so convenient and cheap. Some students live in Manhattan and usually commute by express bus. Others live in apts. in the Morris Park area right around school. A handful live in Westchester and other areas of the Bronx, but I don't know too many so I can't tell you exactly where. (Park Slope is in Bklyn so I think you were probably thinking of Morris Park since commuting from Park Slope would take over an hour).

Hope that helps!

Originally posted by JHS
I also have a question for AECOM students.

Where are the nice places to live in Bronx and still close enough to commute? I hear most students live in Westchester or Park Slope (?). Is this true? Can you be more specific?

Like the above poster said, you probably mean Morris Park. Park Slope is in Brooklyn...two boroughs away. Unless you plan to go to Downstate or a school closer to brooklyn, then Park Slope is not the best place (in terms of distance).

I can't imagine going from park slope to the bronx daily...:scared: