sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
I just received a call from Rush regarding the second look weekend scheduled for Saturday April 9th. Is anyone else on SDN planning to attend this event? Also, anyone else on SDN accepted and thinking about attending Rush?

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
No one has been accepted to Rush?

Snelgrave

Snelgrave
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
sdnstud said:
No one has been accepted to Rush?
I have. I haven't heard anything else about it though. I need to give admissions a call reagarding the details of 2nd look day. PM me if you'd like.

rockstar2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
I've been accepted and am definitely going to the 2nd look weekend before I make a final decision.

PBR727

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
IL
Status
I will probably go because it's a short drive, but I'm still not sure about Rush.

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Yeah, I am waiting to hear the details of the 2nd look weekend as well. All I know is that we will be receiving an email invitation in the next week or so and that it will take place on april 9-10.

Have you guys applied to dorms yet? Are the dorms all the same? I heard there is a non-refundable despoit to apply for dorms, so I am kind of hesitant to do it early.

Snelgrave said:
I have. I haven't heard anything else about it though. I need to give admissions a call reagarding the details of 2nd look day. PM me if you'd like.

Snelgrave

Snelgrave
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
sdnstud said:
Yeah, I am waiting to hear the details of the 2nd look weekend as well. All I know is that we will be receiving an email invitation in the next week or so and that it will take place on april 9-10.

Have you guys applied to dorms yet? Are the dorms all the same? I heard there is a non-refundable despoit to apply for dorms, so I am kind of hesitant to do it early.
I know nothing about the dorms because I already live in Chicago (Logan's Square). I must admit that Rush is appealing because I won't even have to move.

rockstar2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
I also currently live in Chicago, and I won't live in the dorms if I go to Rush. Housing in that area is really cheap, and you could get something bigger and better than the dorms for less than they charge. The rental market in Chicago is really slow right now, so I've found that the renter calls the shots. If you come to visit, look first at the wedbsite

chicago housing
that will give you an idea of what housing in the area is like and you can compare.

Rzarecta

Premed 2: Electric Bugalo
10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Bump Biatches!!

I just got accepted to Rush, and it is prolly my top choice school at this moment. I was told over the phone, so I haven't received any of my information stuff yet via snailmail. What is the deal with the second look weekend? Is it just a time to party like Gods? Anyways, sorry this post is such a mess but Rush is the 1st school that I have been accepted to that I really could see myself attending and thus I am excited.

wild0ne

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2005
Down Under
Status
Rzarecta said:
Bump Biatches!!

I just got accepted to Rush, and it is prolly my top choice school at this moment. I was told over the phone, so I haven't received any of my information stuff yet via snailmail. What is the deal with the second look weekend? Is it just a time to party like Gods? Anyways, sorry this post is such a mess but Rush is the 1st school that I have been accepted to that I really could see myself attending and thus I am excited.

Congrats Rzarecta!! I can only hope to share that feeling! Rush is also my top choice.

Did you call them for status, or are they calling all interviewees that have been accepted now?

Rzarecta

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
wild0ne said:
Congrats Rzarecta!! I can only hope to share that feeling! Rush is also my top choice.

Did you call them for status, or are they calling all interviewees that have been accepted now?

Hey Thanks!

I actually called to see where my decision was going to be mailed, since I wasn't sure if it was going to my home or my school address. They said they had mailed a decision March 3rd to my home address. I had interviewed on February 14th, so it was about three weeks. The woman on the phone then just told me that the letter was an acceptance, and then put me on the phone with someone else concerning details of the timeline to reserve a spot. wild0ne, if you interviewed around that time I would call since it seems they are telling over the phone. I was totally shocked to hear my decision in this way since at other schools it isn't kosher. Anyways, call dude/dudette and find out so that we can liven this thread up!

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Congrats Rzarecta!!! For nearly 8 weeks, I thought I was the only one crazy about Rush. Yea, I think the people at Rush are awesome. I've gotten into 3 other schools besides Rush, and Rush is the only school that consistently calls me to make sure I am ok.
The second look weekend...actually day will be on Friday, April 8th. i think (hope) it will be like a party/orientation. there will probably only be 50 of us there max. I don't think rush has a full class yet. the adcom is very behind in terms of admitting next year's class.

btw Rzarecta, where are you from?

Rzarecta said:
Bump Biatches!!

Rzarecta

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
sdnstud said:
Congrats Rzarecta!!! For nearly 8 weeks, I thought I was the only one crazy about Rush. Yea, I think the people at Rush are awesome. I've gotten into 3 other schools besides Rush, and Rush is the only school that consistently calls me to make sure I am ok.
The second look weekend...actually day will be on Friday, April 8th. i think (hope) it will be like a party/orientation. there will probably only be 50 of us there max. I don't think rush has a full class yet. the adcom is very behind in terms of admitting next year's class.

btw Rzarecta, where are you from?
Hey sdnstud!! I am glad you made this thread and kept it alive. I currently go to school at University of Rochester, but I am from Bismarck, North Dakota. Honestly, this is my third acceptance but the first one that I really love! The people rock, the location is primo, good boards/matches, and the chicks are actually hot! This is the first place where my interviewers said I was a good fit that actually translated to an acceptance. Sigh...it is a beautiful feeling to be wanted, and by such a great place. People who are going/thinking about going to the Second Look weekend start posting!! I want to know where you are from/what you do/etc.

yaldekab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2005
Status
hi, fellow rush acceptees. are they going to pay for our airfare for 2nd look? cost might deter me from attending.

Rzarecta

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
yaldekab said:
hi, fellow rush acceptees. are they going to pay for our airfare for 2nd look? cost might deter me from attending.
BUMP! I don't have any of the info yet, so anything about the second look weekend would be nice to know.

rockstar2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2004
Status
Rzarecta said:
. . .the first one that I really love! The people rock, the location is primo, good boards/matches, and the chicks are actually hot! This is the first place where my interviewers said I was a good fit that actually translated to an acceptance. Sigh...it is a beautiful feeling to be wanted, and by such a great place. People who are going/thinking about going to the Second Look weekend start posting!! I want to know where you are from/what you do/etc.
Hey all! Add me to the list of those IN LOVE with RUSH!! I live in Chicago and have for a year and a half and I love it here. I was accepted to other schools elsewhere, but I am 95% sure I am going to Rush. I have a couple friends who volunteered at Rush and they think the world of the hospital. They really liked all the med students, attendings, residents, nurses, and felt like it is a great, supportive place to go to school. Plus, I really want to stay in Chicago, it is the BEST CITY EVER! I'm going to the second look weekend for sure and can't wait to meet everyone else.

Chicago :love: Rush :love: Who's with me?

samyjay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
IL
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Good to hear that all you guys love Rush....do come here. I am a second year at Rush, just got back from studying for finals... have path and phram this week...i like to do a thread search occasionally, because it is nice to see/read the energy people have...do PM me with questions if you guys want. people are nice here, do come

Rzarecta

10+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
BUMP!!!

Anyone else get accepted?? Going to 2nd look??

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hey guys, it's been awhile. How is everyone doing?

The second look day is this friday. Unfortunately, I will not be attending. Can someone take notes for me and tell me everything I miss?

Did anyone sign up for the email buddy program? My email buddy is awesome.

bloHaZaRd

Unbanned
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status
After we get an acceptance, is there anything else we need to turn in besides a check?

I might just go turn it in personally.

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
BUMP

Just wanted to holler at everyone. Any new acceptees? Anyone chose somewhere else over Rush? Any news from rush lately? Financial Aid? Immunization requirement? Housing info? PC requirement?

Holler back....(whatever our mascot is)!!!!

bloHaZaRd

Unbanned
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status
sdnstud said:
BUMP

Just wanted to holler at everyone. Any new acceptees? Anyone chose somewhere else over Rush? Any news from rush lately? Financial Aid? Immunization requirement? Housing info? PC requirement?

Holler back....(whatever our mascot is)!!!!
Got my award letter yesterday even though I turned in everything just last week:

Tuition: 38652 + books and equip: 1440
living allowance: 16000

Total 56092 :eek:

Now I'm waiting for damn UIC award letter, I submitted all the forms about a month ago.
PC requirements??

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
I just got my FA offer. $8500 scholarship, $7000 Institutional loans and the rest are stafford and perkins loans. Is this considered a good offer?

bloHaZaRd said:
Got my award letter yesterday even though I turned in everything just last week:

Tuition: 38652 + books and equip: 1440
living allowance: 16000

Total 56092 :eek:

Now I'm waiting for damn UIC award letter, I submitted all the forms about a month ago.
PC requirements??

DrThom

Thundercat
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2003
Using sight beyond sight...
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
sdnstud said:
I just got my FA offer. $8500 scholarship, $7000 Institutional loans and the rest are stafford and perkins loans. Is this considered a good offer?
Dang, they must've liked me.

I got 10500 in scholarship and the rest in loans.

Dorise04

Undergrad student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2005
Minneapolis
Status
Pre-Medical
NU lecture is about 2hours per class :) ......... what about rush?

In the first year is it P/F grading?

bloHaZaRd

Unbanned
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status
NU has a PBL based curriculum, that's why they spend much less time in lectures. Rush is a traditional lecture based school, so more time in classes.

First 2 years are Honors/P/F

Last 2 years are High Honors/Honors/P/F

MrJiggyLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2005
Status
Hey guys, I was just accepted to Rush a little bit ago, and I was really excited about going, I really loved everyone I met there, but then a few things came up that made me not so sure. First off the price tag looks like it took a huge jump from last year, the MSAR lists it around 30k a year, but now it looksl ike it's almost up to 37k a year. Secondly my uncle who's a radiologist doesn't think very highly of the school because the few people who have come to his practice from Rush wern't very good. But beyond this, I don't think he has much basis. And from looking at the residency match lists, it looks like Rush students do pretty well. The other consideration is that I also got into Wayne State, my state school, and it's only around 20k a year, and in terms of schools it's pretty similar to Rush, just in Detroit instead of Chicago. Is the extra cost worth it?? I'm pretty frustrated and confused by this all right now.

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hey guys, did anyone get an email entitled "multiple acceptance" from Rush? The email says that I am holding at least one other acceptance and that Rush wants a reconfirmation of interest by May 20, 2005. What is this about? Can't rush wait until May 15 and look us up on AMCAS? Why the reconfirmation? I am on 3 waitlists right now, if i do reconfirm my interest, am i giving up my spots on the waitlists?

MrJiggyLee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2005
Status
sdnstud said:
Hey guys, did anyone get an email entitled "multiple acceptance" from Rush? The email says that I am holding at least one other acceptance and that Rush wants a reconfirmation of interest by May 20, 2005. What is this about? Can't rush wait until May 15 and look us up on AMCAS? Why the reconfirmation? I am on 3 waitlists right now, if i do reconfirm my interest, am i giving up my spots on the waitlists?

I'm still holding on to another acceptance, but I havn't gotten that e-mail. It probally just means they want to know that you're not going to bolt on them at the last minute, but I doubt it has any effect whatsoever on your waitlists

bloHaZaRd

Unbanned
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status
I got that email too...

decisions...decisions :confused:

opus03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2002
Lost in Chicago
Visit site
Status
sdnstud said:
I am on 3 waitlists right now, if i do reconfirm my interest, am i giving up my spots on the waitlists?
No, it won't affect your WL status. I'm not sure why they are asking you for that but as long as you are only holding 1 acceptance on May 15th you're fine. Just send them what they are asking for and don't worry about your waitlists.

OP
S

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hey guys and girls, I am wondering what everyone's status is in regards to housing. Have you submitted an on-campus housing application? Is anyone planning to live off-campus? Holler back, my rush bros and sises.

bloHaZaRd

Unbanned
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status
sdnstud said:
Hey guys and girls, I am wondering what everyone's status is in regards to housing. Have you submitted an on-campus housing application? Is anyone planning to live off-campus? Holler back, my rush bros and sises.
I'm waiting for my friend to get in, then I will decide about housing. I will probably live in an apt. nearby. Did you go to Rush's second look?

The're center court apts were nice too, but I think we can find a cheaper place elsewhere.

gootard

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2005
Status
i just got my housing for the fall... a studio in 1540 W Harrison! orientation week should be good times but i'm surprised that we start so late compared to other schools -- Sept. 12th!! more time to sleep :laugh:

who else has heard back about housing and when are you guys planning on moving in?

bloHaZaRd

Unbanned
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status
Did anyone get a revised fin package? They increased the tuition by about 400 :mad:
and no increase in free money offered.
ggrrrr very sneaky of them :smuggrin: