riya.rhino

Membership Revoked
Removed
May 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I need to prove something to my parents lol and was wondering if I could PM you guys a couple of pressing questions, which may be too embarrassing to post in public. I don't mind getting input from others, but since I'm Indian, I could really use answers from Indian people who might be able to better understand my situation. We, as a race, face some unique problems.

Not sure how many Indian people are on SDN, but if you're willing to listen, can I PM you? It's important :help:

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat

wahoo1234

2+ Year Member
May 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I am Indian as well, I want to know what "unique problems" you are referring to

Mansamusa

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I am Indian as well, I want to know what "unique problems" you are referring to
I lived with an Indian girl once, and she had the unique problem of completely clogging the shower drain with hair right after I scrubbed it down and cleaned everything. Then there would be a trail of hair all over the floor. Smh, haha.

Edit: And it is probably about dating if she wants guys especially

cabergoline2

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2015
Status
Medical Student
are you referring to Asian Indian or native american ? I presume it is Asian Indian as this is SDN...Any way you can PM me... this sounds interesting... :)

S

Sardinia

Mom and dad,

Look I went on this medical message board and got a poll from 100 Indian males in their 20s & 30s that they still aren't married or have children. Please stop arranging me to have a marriage with Sandhi. I want to go to medical school, not go on dates. Yes, I know his family has like twenty doctors! But I want to become a doctor, not marry one.

chibaddie

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2016
I lived with an Indian girl once, and she had the unique problem of completely clogging the shower drain with hair right after I scrubbed it down and cleaned everything. Then there would be a trail of hair all over the floor. Smh, haha.

Hahaha ew, dude. Bless your soul.

Reactions: Turkishking
S

Sardinia

@riya.rhino If that is the case, then honestly kudos. Not many people would attempt to use poll data as a form of conflict resolution when it comes to their parents. Especially when they themselves are the ones being unfairly pressured to meet their demands. Issues with my parents often devolved into mutual property damage and me drifting around the east coast for three to four months.

wahoo1234

2+ Year Member
May 24, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

That's nasty, I feel for you lol

cabergoline2

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2015
Status
Medical Student
it could also be that her parents want to send her to med school and she does not wanna go ? I had that problem too...wanted to be an aerospace engineer...dad wanted me in medicine...since i am a regular at sdn , it is clear that dad had his way.. :(

Reactions: desidoc_

shth

2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
No you should not agree to that arranged marriage

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm No Superman

Crushin' scones
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2011
Ann Arbor
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Oh damn, this ish is juicy! WELL worth the wait on that PM.

I'm No Superman

Crushin' scones
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2011
Ann Arbor
Status
Can someone PM me the PM if they got the PM from OP? I will keep it confidential under the guidelines per HIPAA. I just wanna help and that's what drew me to medicine, so pls pls.
Sorry bud, it's against the rules. :( Which is too bad, since it's so great. Made my night.

cabergoline2

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2015
Status
Medical Student
i still did not get if she is looking for native americans or asian indians...or a combination of the 2..

Jan 19, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Indian male, mid 20s, currently facing (perhaps not so unique) problems as well. I get the whole "ebarrassing" thing too. Feel free to PM me!

LnSin

2+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2015
Status
Medical Student
im south indian (if that matters). all ears.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'd encourage topics to be discussed on the open forum for others to benefit from.

Rainbow Zebra

Long, hard journey
2+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2015
GO BLUE!
Status
1/2 GuJu checking in.

Reactions: fancymylotus

Gurkhali

2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2016
Status
I'm from Nepal. Same cultural issues too. Shoot me a pm.