Calling all PITT Med School Students: Past and Present: Quirky Things at PITT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

disque71

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. What are some quirky things you have noticed that go on within the school?

The two best that I can think off the top of my head are.

-Locked side doors (across from W.Psyche) at night when you most need to get to the library (PITA).
-No cell phone reception in or around library, outside of copy center and student lounge.

Members don't see this ad.

disque71 said:
-Locked side doors (across from W.Psyche) at night when you most need to get to the library (PITA).

What's much better than that are the locked doors during a code blue... You can't get in or out during it which can be really annoying. And who knows what kind of patient is running loose....

man-wrestling after parties

bizarre, indeed! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
stillers said:
man-wrestling after parties

bizarre, indeed! :)

yeah, what's up with the man wrestling? frustrations uncorked by ethanol consumption? the choke-holds are particularly worrisome.

i just heard over the weekend that there are urinals in the women's bathrooms. apparently because up until 10-15 years ago the classes were dominated by men, when the ratio tipped the other way, they reapportioned the restrooms without renovating them.

i also hear that someone was shipped to altoona for the summer to shadow cows instead of drumming for our band. :D

-lion

LionInTheDark said:
yeah, what's up with the man wrestling? frustrations uncorked by ethanol consumption? the choke-holds are particularly worrisome.

i just heard over the weekend that there are urinals in the women's bathrooms. apparently because up until 10-15 years ago the classes were dominated by men, when the ratio tipped the other way, they reapportioned the restrooms without renovating them.

i also hear that someone was shipped to altoona for the summer to shadow cows instead of drumming for our band. :D

-lion

Hey, no ripping on Altoona...besides there aren't many cows here anyway...try Clearfield instead

yes, lion, in the 5th floor women's bathroom there is something that resembles a urinal! It's not a typical urinal but it's certainly not a toilet either. I've always wondered why it was there...

disque71 said:
Just out of curiosity. What are some quirky things you have noticed that go on within the school?

The two best that I can think off the top of my head are.

-No cell phone reception in or around library, outside of copy center and student lounge.
The escalators make-up for all the shortcomings!

Haven't really notice too many quirky things. Pretty normal school to me.

Hey Lioninthedark, Altoona rocked. No one there tried to tackle and choke me after a party, which is more than can be said for Pitt :) Unfortunately, no farms there, but there are many in the area.

Let's get something straight - I wasn't shadowing cows, only milking them. I tried the whole shadowing thing but mostly the cows just mooed and ran away. My scholarly project will deal with the use of alternative cow-milking techniques to reduce milk contamination.