Calling All Portland, OR Pre-Meds/Med Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Weebs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there's any Portland pre-meds out there. I just recently moved to Portland from Eugene. Thought it might be nice to chat with some local medical nerds like myself. Email me on here or IM me on AOL (nickname: Slimweebs).

Weebs

Members don't see this ad.

I meant pre-meds or med students.

Weebs

i am, but i'm living on the east coast now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in portland. I'm slowly making the transition from pre-med to med-reject.

indo said:
I'm in portland. I'm slowly making the transition from pre-med to med-reject.

Yup... another portlander here... and I may soon become a med-reject.. but always keep hope right...

Anyway, Portland eh? You like it?

I'm a Portlander (at least I have been for the past several years). Currently applying to school, we'll see what happens.

Oo oo ME Too... Well, I've always been here, but maybe not if I get in somewhere, otherwise count me on the reject list. :cool:

Anyone know when OHSU is planning to expand its med school to sacred heart in Eugene?

sockandmittens said:
i am, but i'm living on the east coast now.
me too

Grew up in Portland and L.O., but now living in Canada.

I met a guy at B.U. (first year) who is from L.O. He was the first person from Oregon I met while I was interviewing in the northeast.

:) Treg

lake oswego.... i had a girl explain to me that she wasn't from the ghetto of lake oswego. Is the ghetto where the houses are less than 4000 square feet?

indo said:
lake oswego.... i had a girl explain to me that she wasn't from the ghetto of lake oswego. Is the ghetto where the houses are less than 4000 square feet?

Hmm, the ghetto could be lake grove? People in L.O. can be so snobby (I mostly grew up in PDX, and went to high school in PDX, so I have never really felt like a lake oswegan).

funny, i read indo's post and was thinkin' must mean Lake Grove, I spent a few years there, I was a kid, at that time kids were friendly enough that there wasn't a major difference I knew about until I grew up and realized we lived in a crappy area!

whatever, peeps from LO are not snobby, well some are.haha

i used to live in LO, but i am on the east too for a while, tho i still go to OSU

So yea

Good luck fellow OREGONIANS!!!

GO BEAVS

avinash said:

i used to live in LO, but i am on the east too for a while, tho i still go to OSU

So yea

GO BEAVS

GO BEAVS. Watched Civil War this year in a bar packed with Ducks. Laughed my ass off.

avinash said:

So yea

GO BEAVS

When did we start calling Lake Oswego "LO"? I can't imagine that place to be so important that it is brought up enough in any conversation so that abreviating the name would save time.