calling all Uof S. Cali students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eunice

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Eunice, and I am filling out the secondary application for U of S. Cali.
One of the questions is: Please give names of faculty you would like to meet with if invited for an interview.

But since I do not know anyone at USC, it's hard to list names!

I am especially interested in Pediatrics, general primary care... so if you know anyone in the USC faculty in the Dept of Pediatrics (or in any dept) who is very nice and would be good to interview with, please please let me know!! =)

And any bit of info about USC would help... since I have the write the usual "why do you want to come to USC"..
so far, I really really want to go to LA (never been to the west coast!!) and the USC new curriculum looks great! and also.. i believe the Children's Hospital LA is listed as #11 in the US News ranking. those are my reasons so far...
if there are things that you really like USC, please please let me know!!! =)

THANKS in advance for all your help!!!
hope to hear from some people!!

eunice
;)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by eunice
One of the questions is: Please give names of faculty you would like to meet with if invited for an interview.

Eunice - that is question #10 and question 7-10 are for MD/PhD applications - so to me, the logical answer would be some faculty member in the discipline that you want to do your PhD work in - so when you have your PhD interview it will be with someone in your prospective field

but what do I know, I'm just a MD applicant filling out #1-6

oops!
thanks for pointing that out!
i didn't notice that!

hmm... i wonder if we as regular MD applicants can also pick interviewers...hmm...

thanks!!

eunice

Just a word of advice when applying to med school and you're asked the "Why do you want to come here?" question.

The answer is NEVER, NEVER related to location ESPECIALLY if you're not from that same city/state. Always choose something academic or, if it exists, the institution's unique patient population. Citing the fact that US News & World Report listed LA Childrens Hospital as #11 in the country is not a very valid point either considering there are 10 other medical schools, some of which I'm sure you're not planning to apply to for medical school. Again, find out what LA Childrens has done to get to #11 and concentrate your statement on that. ACADEMIC is the key. If I'm correct then USC serves a rather unique population in Los Angeles, that can be part of your desire to be at USC as well.