Calling DOs/MDs alike, the AOA/AMA, Student Doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
woah, woah, woah. Cool your horses. This is very close to crossing the line.
I feel like these new SNs with 2 posts defending RVU might be admins, or students put to the task of quashing the info. The use ad hominem and don't address the issues....

Members don't see this ad.

We have a state-of-the-art facility, best in the country at the moment. I feel good about the boards, and I think that everything will fall into place given time.

Again, the classroom that you sit in and listen to lectures in is not the facility you should be worried about. The first 2 years could be taught in a barn with basically the same outcome.

A solid clinical environment is the important thing.

Colorado needs our school. We have a mission to provide more primary care physicians--there is a need for 600 physicians to graduate each year to meet the needs of Colorado, and the only medical school in Colorado only graduates 150 students.

This is often thrown around but logistically I fail to see how a student with $260,000 in debt, with a loan that does not allow deferment of payments is going to be able to go into primary care.

Members don't see this ad :)
DO Down,

You are the worst kind of coward, sniveling and hiding behind a handle on SDN. As a fellow RVU student I am disgusted by your treachery and machinations, Lauding Ronnie B. Martin who was nothing but a charlatan and autocrat and at the same time airing RVUCOM's business on the internet becuase of your own shortcomings. If you are so self-assured in your beliefs why don't you reveal your named to myself and the rest of our classmates right now. I for one, will pull no punches. I think your conduct is grounds for immediate dismissal. Not only do you not have the facts straight but you are extrapolating from very limited information--in earlier times they would call what you do yellow journalism. Short of someone who sits on the board of trustees there is no way you would be privy to those "facts" you posit in your first post. You should be ashamed and I hope you for your sake you weren't stupid enough post any of these messages from your home IP because I WILL find out who you are and expose you to the entire student body. So you asked for the bull now you are going to get the horns. That's not a threat it is a promise so I hope you have a plan B for your medical career because you're going to need it.

I am shocked. I hear a lot of name calling, but no specific evidence presented or civilized rebuttal. On top of that, you are a brand new poster, I sense you were put to the task.

I feel like these new SNs with 2 posts defending RVU might be admins, or students put to the task of quashing the info. The use ad hominem and don't address the issues....

You all are correct. We are students who just found out about what happened today. A very strong willed student notified all of us showing what was being posted about our school. We have made accounts to speak the truth and not let one student from our school lie to you as well as us. Please do not ignore the many who are talking good about the school over the one who talks negative that goes here.

Please everyone focus on your own studies so you all can be smart physicians that listen to several factors and not just one. :)

I am shocked. I hear a lot of name calling, but no specific evidence presented or civilized rebuttal. On top of that, you are a brand new poster, I sense you were put to the task.

Maybe they just haven't wasted their life away by posting over 1,000 times...

Comes from the brand new SDN member with two fresh posts. I call BS and salute DO Down for coming forward and risking his neck to expose RVU treachery.

DO Down,

You are the worst kind of coward, sniveling and hiding behind a handle on SDN. As a fellow RVU student I am disgusted by your treachery and machinations, Lauding Ronnie B. Martin who was nothing but a charlatan and autocrat and at the same time airing RVUCOM's business on the internet becuase of your own shortcomings. If you are so self-assured in your beliefs why don't you reveal your named to myself and the rest of our classmates right now. I for one, will pull no punches. I think your conduct is grounds for immediate dismissal. Not only do you not have the facts straight but you are extrapolating from very limited information--in earlier times they would call what you do yellow journalism. Short of someone who sits on the board of trustees there is no way you would be privy to those "facts" you posit in your first post. You should be ashamed and I hope you for your sake you weren't stupid enough post any of these messages from your home IP because I WILL find out who you are and expose you to the entire student body. So you asked for the bull now you are going to get the horns. That's not a threat it is a promise so I hope you have a plan B for your medical career because you're going to need it.

But another new poster that signed up to start this thread has immediate credibility with you?

To me it sounds like the OP has totally blown things out of proportion with minimal detail regarding these "facts." It also seems that a lot of people with preexisting hate for the school, structure, officers, or whatever have just piled on. None of these people are privy to the real reason any of this is occuring.

I think time will bring out the true facts. In the mean time I can only offer to the OP that he/she leave the school if they are this upset. I don't think you have any cause to expect an outside lifeline. Frankly, you chose to go to the school, there is no reason you deserve a bailout any more than a homebuyer that bit off more than they could chew with a ARM.

I'm not here to make enemies, but I think maybe some people just need to step back and breathe for a bit.

Comes from the brand new SDN member with two fresh posts. I call BS and salute DO Down for coming forward and risking his neck to expose RVU treachery.

I am sorry but you are very wrong hooperg.

Come on people, do you thrive on conflict and destruction? "RVU treachery?" Do you think this is Julius Caesar? Et tu Brute?

This isn't the Roman Empire. It's just a medical school.

There is nothing here but academic and business politics, with some unfortunate fallout of good people, and a change of course. It happens in every company and every school.

Big deal. Get a life.

Far too many heated, non-proven opinions going on here on both sides. If people want to make arguments, use facts, sources, links, etc etc. Hopefully the truth with this situation will come out.

Far too many heated, non-proven opinions going on here on both sides. If people want to make arguments, use facts, sources, links, etc etc. Hopefully the truth with this situation will come out.

I agree, but I hope that you take the majority of RVU student voices over people who dont even go here

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they just haven't wasted their life away by posting over 1,000 times...

Hardly call it a waste. SDN was quite helpful back in the application days. Now its a refreshing alternative to facebook.

I agree, but I hope that you take the majority of RVU student voices over people who dont even go here

the majority of RVU students posted nothing but personal attacks and unsubstantiated claims, over and over. Most of them are straight up marketing materials.

DO down posted detailed account of questionable manuver by owner of the school which has been mentioned by other posters on the RVU 2013 thread in pre-osteo days before the post of this thread.

In return, RVU posters are threatening to incur great damage to the whistleblower.

I'm a medical student at RVU, unlike MOST of you hiding behind the curtains of their TRUE identity, I'm like Tyson in his first round ready to unleash on some people who "think" they know something. I speak the truth, I have nothing to lose and I'm ACTUALLY A STUDENT (for you skeptical wackos)

#1.) Student Doctor= Jarrett Leathem (you can find me at school 24/7- come and find me if you have an issue with my post)

#2.) I would love to see others put their name out their unless their not man/women enough and professional to state their opinion without a name. Some people are talking like they run the business and I assure you that nobody posting (including myself) is some big baller that knows everything going down.... where I'm from we call them "pretenders"

#2.) Just by reading the threads I know the students writing this crap. Yup, I'll call it crap b/c that's what it is.

#3.) I've compared notes with other DO/MD students and RVU students are way ahead of the game so for you other individuals that are from another school and don't know ANYTHING besides wikipedia info.....I'll catch you on the boards (along with the rest of the students here).

#4.) For profit! Yeah, every school is in it for the money! Someone please name a school that gives away free education. Last time I checked, every school cost money. Education=Money (for you math majors). For profit or not, our knowledge must be up to par with the rest of the nation's medical students and it will. I have no doubt.

#5.) For the many people wondering what's going on with our student body I can assure you we are family to each other (except for a select few). Don't let 1 student lead you to think that the cohesive quality of our class is diminished. Fact=It's NOT!

#6.) So happy to see people wanting us to fail (I hope your not fellow DO students b/c I would never want you as a doctor if you want your fellow doctors to fail.... maybe this profession is not for you!) I appreciate the negative motivation, I'll put it to good use.

#7.) Future students applying, don't let these "little children" posting comments scare you. I guess they read their Robbins and are all caught up and have nothing else to do besides "pretend" they have knowledge on a situation, which they don't.

#8.) As a student at RVU, I wouldn't change how we are being taught.

#9.) The amount of accomplishments our first class has achieved is beyond impressive. Whoever thinks were "screwed" or "dying off" as a class can get a life! WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. So go cry to whoever the hell it is you cry to and come back to the real world after you stop bitching. In the meantime, we will continue to work hard. "We" as students will be waiting.

#10.) You know who I am, what I believe in and what I'm about. You have problems or questions come find me. If you want to cry and moan about the situation... call mommy or daddy. If you read this list thank you for your time. On behalf of our class, I'm proud to be a student at RVU.

- Jarrett Leathem, OMS-1

But another new poster that signed up to start this thread has immediate credibility with you?

To me it sounds like the OP has totally blown things out of proportion with minimal detail regarding these "facts." It also seems that a lot of people with preexisting hate for the school, structure, officers, or whatever have just piled on. None of these people are privy to the real reason any of this is occuring.

I think time will bring out the true facts. In the mean time I can only offer to the OP that he/she leave the school if they are this upset. I don't think you have any cause to expect an outside lifeline. Frankly, you chose to go to the school, there is no reason you deserve a bailout any more than a homebuyer that bit off more than they could chew with a ARM.

I'm not here to make enemies, but I think maybe some people just need to step back and breathe for a bit.

I've never been a fan of RVU as an institution (no offense to you students), so naturally I wasn't surprised by the information that the op presented. Don't worry, I can see through the op's rhetorical hyperbole to his core accusations. If they are true, you can pretty much bet your school will lose any respect it has left. As my earlier post suggested, I'd be glad to hear some supporting evidence from the other side if someone from your class would be kind enough to post it. Also, don't for a minute think what is happening at RVU doesn't affect the rest of the osteopathic/allopathic community.

Again, the classroom that you sit in and listen to lectures in is not the facility you should be worried about. The first 2 years could be taught in a barn with basically the same outcome.

A solid clinical environment is the important thing.

This is often thrown around but logistically I fail to see how a student with $260,000 in debt, with a loan that does not allow deferment of payments is going to be able to go into primary care.

Simply mindless word games. Yes our physical facility is state-of-the-art, but as I said, our professors are as well. In today's fast-track high-tech world, learning in a "barn" isn't quite the same thing.

Secondly, we are one of the few medical schools that does quite a bit of shadowing and a focus on clinical skills as a part of our first year. Our students have made a positive impression on physicians in the greater Denver area and Colorado Springs, for example. We have many enthusiastic MD's and DO's who give us lectures, let us do shadows, with some hands-on, and offer all sorts of encouragement to our student body.

Thirdly, we DO have a deferral program from the original private loans that were made through Sallie Mae, which defers loan payments during residency. The new loans for this year will be similar terms to the federal loan program. Moreover 1/5 of our student body has military scholarships. Many of us will qualify for loan repayment programs by serving the underserved populations in Colorado and elsewhere.

Family medicine in rural areas can be sufficiently lucrative by population need, cost of living, and by the ability to do more skilled procedures.

Don't underestimate the caliber and talent of our student body and staff. You want to know about RVUCOM? Come and visit. See for yourself. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

I'm a medical student at RVU, unlike MOST of you hiding behind the curtains of their TRUE identity, I'm like Tyson in his first round ready to unleash on some people who "think" they know something. I speak the truth, I have nothing to lose and I'm ACTUALLY A STUDENT (for you skeptical wackos)

#1.) Student Doctor= Jarrett Leathem (you can find me at school 24/7- come and find me if you have an issue with my post)

#2.) I would love to see others put their name out their unless their not man/women enough and professional to state their opinion without a name. Some people are talking like they run the business and I assure you that nobody posting (including myself) is some big baller that knows everything going down.... where I'm from we call them "pretenders"

#2.) Just by reading the threads I know the students writing this crap. Yup, I'll call it crap b/c that's what it is.

#3.) I've compared notes with other DO/MD students and RVU students are way ahead of the game so for you other individuals that are from another school and don't know ANYTHING besides wikipedia info.....I'll catch you on the boards (along with the rest of the students here).

#4.) For profit! Yeah, every school is in it for the money! Someone please name a school that gives away free education. Last time I checked, every school cost money. Education=Money (for you math majors). For profit or not, our knowledge must be up to par with the rest of the nation's medical students and it will. I have no doubt.

#5.) For the many people wondering what's going on with our student body I can assure you we are family to each other (except for a select few). Don't let 1 student lead you to think that the cohesive quality of our class is diminished. Fact=It's NOT!

#6.) So happy to see people wanting us to fail (I hope your not fellow DO students b/c I would never want you as a doctor if you want your fellow doctors to fail.... maybe this profession is not for you!) I appreciate the negative motivation, I'll put it to good use.

#7.) Future students applying, don't let these "little children" posting comments scare you. I guess they read their Robbins and are all caught up and have nothing else to do besides "pretend" they have knowledge on a situation, which they don't.

#8.) As a student at RVU, I wouldn't change how we are being taught.

#9.) The amount of accomplishments our first class has achieved is beyond impressive. Whoever thinks were "screwed" or "dying off" as a class can get a life! WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE. So go cry to whoever the hell it is you cry to and come back to the real world after you stop bitching. In the meantime, we will continue to work hard. "We" as students will be waiting.

#10.) You know who I am, what I believe in and what I'm about. You have problems or questions come find me. If you want to cry and moan about the situation... call mommy or daddy. If you read this list thank you for your time. On behalf of our class, I'm proud to be a student at RVU.

- Jarrett Leathem, OMS-1

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

right on man. no matter how much good we speak there are people out there from other schools WHO LIVEEEEEEEEEE TO SIT HERE AND WRITE BAD ABOUT OUR SCHOOL. GO AHEAD IM SURE SOMONE WILL TEAR APART MY POSTS AS WELL AS JARRETS. there is always somone out there who will find something wrong with every school. Good job Jarrett. Its nice to see many more students who were outraged to see what was going on. haters please just leave or school alone...move on! its easy after you just read this, click on your browser back button and refrain from coming to RVU discussion thread class of 2013. its very simple.

Take your "RIGHT FOOT" out of your "Valves of Houston" and read what I'm saying....let me help you. WE ARE FINE HERE! SO GULLIBLE TO ONE PERSON'S POSTING. Thanks for the concern, we don't need your input. I introduced myself.... wouldn't it be nice if you said who you were (how rude). No "internet thug" over here, maybe for you sitting behind your little lap top with your little fingers typing away typing away like you know something. We don't need your posts... wow! so impressed that a fellow D.O. is trying to bash me. Have a seat unless you have something to say.

- Once again....Jarrett Leathem, OMS-1 and you?

Wow. So much angst from the RVU students. Sounds a lot like these people, at least in the beginning.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=172613&highlight=hawaii+pharmacy

I feel for the RVU folks. They have to understand that nobody is looking out for them, except themselves. If they can find a good way to jump ship, they should do it.

And please spare me the best facilities in the nation, ready for boards, amazing school BS. If your school were a child, it would be a toddler. And while some may think that the toddler is a potential NBA Hall of Famer with a genius IQ, you gotta remember that everyone thinks their kid is something special. Unrealistic expectations can be a real bummer. Hope it works out for the students, and I hope the school burns in Hades.

Sounds like a personal experience of your own childhood. I"m sorry.

- Good LUCK!

Wow. So much angst from the RVU students. Sounds a lot like these people, at least in the beginning.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=172613&highlight=hawaii+pharmacy

I feel for the RVU folks. They have to understand that nobody is looking out for them, except themselves. If they can find a good way to jump ship, they should do it.

And please spare me the best facilities in the nation, ready for boards, amazing school BS. If your school were a child, it would be a toddler. And while some may think that the toddler is a potential NBA Hall of Famer with a genius IQ, you gotta remember that everyone thinks their kid is something special. Unrealistic expectations can be a real bummer. Hope it works out for the students, and I hope the school burns in Hades.

exactly so sit back and...... till we take our boards. you have nothing now. again another person just waiting to start stuff about RVU. ok whos next. whos got no life? go post on your own schools thread.

You have to understand, to defend your institution earns you brownie points. the whistle blower stays anonymous for a reason.

It's like the don of mafia says "All we do are legal here, by the way I am Scarface Mcgangster, what's your name."

Sure, you got state of the art campus, you got amazing clinical opportunities, but where are you going to score perceptors' next year when the financial backer of your school fired all the local physician board of trustee members? Who would want to work for you then?

If everything is alright, tell me why is this page blank?

http://www.rockyvistauniversity.org/board.asp

must be a technical problem, right? or maybe they don't want you to see the new board members?

Sounds like a personal experience of your own childhood. I"m sorry.

- Good LUCK!

RVU students, you are not representing your institution well by resorting to personal attacks and thinly-veiled threats. Your institution's president by accusation dissolved a board of trustees--physicians--in order to push his own agenda through. Now, regardless of whether it is indeed a great institution and in possession of great students is IRRELEVANT. His actions, if true, are downright treachery, which is an appropriate word... (think Bier Hall Putsch).

You can spew all of the pro-RVU fanaticism you wish, but when it comes down to it, the accusations are serious and if true may negatively impact your clinical experiences and residency chances down the line.

As for Jarrett Leathem, OMS-I, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by "bravely" exposing your true identity on this message board, because the stance you take can only put you in good regards with the current administration.

Take your "RIGHT FOOT" out of your "Valves of Houston" and read what I'm saying....let me help you. WE ARE FINE HERE! SO GULLIBLE TO ONE PERSON'S POSTING. Thanks for the concern, we don't need your input. I introduced myself.... wouldn't it be nice if you said who you were (how rude). No "internet thug" over here, maybe for you sitting behind your little lap top with your little fingers typing away typing away like you know something. We don't need your posts... wow! so impressed that a fellow D.O. is trying to bash me. Have a seat unless you have something to say.

It's my username and I can be found in my link to my residency site as well.

There's an amazing amount of chest-pounding going on here. I've asked several times for some synopsis of the events that lead to one of *your* classmates feeling the need to circulate a petition at school and anonymously post to SDN.

Aside from a lot of posturing and outright threats from newly registered posters, what little we know is that the RVU Dean and Board have been replaced for reasons unknown.

There may be solid reasons why this has happened, though for members of a charter class, this should be distressing without sufficient and reassuing explanation from the administration. The lack of anything forthcoming from them should be distressing as well.

As many of your class repeat over and over - we are not there and you are. Fill us in, then. Obviously we're not as involved as you guys are, but quite frankly because you guys are so involved, you might be emotionally and intellectually incapable to recognize the tenuous situation you may be in.

Or you could posture some more.

Take your "RIGHT FOOT" out of your "Valves of Houston" and read what I'm saying....let me help you. WE ARE FINE HERE! SO GULLIBLE TO ONE PERSON'S POSTING.

Gullible? I don't know what's happening at RVU other than the facts of the regime change. I'm not sure if it's a non-issue, minor issue, or a major issue.

Thanks for the concern, we don't need your input.

This is an ABC conversation. This started as a conversation between A and B. C you later. You came on here while we were already having a discussion. You, sir, are the one being rude with your statement. I haven't attacked RVU. I don't have enough data to have an opinion one way or the other. But your rhetorical skills are sorely lacking.

I introduced myself.... wouldn't it be nice if you said who you were (how rude). No "internet thug" over here, maybe for you sitting behind your little lap top with your little fingers typing away typing away like you know something.
I don't feel the need to give you my real name. It serves no purpose, is your name real? I don't know... I don't care. It doesn't affect your message. The venom with which you respond to my posts, which just point out the lack of substance to your post, makes me wonder what is actually happening. Something along the lines of "I think thou protests too much".

We don't need your posts... wow! so impressed that a fellow D.O. is trying to bash me. Have a seat unless you have something to say.

Translation: Shut up unless you agree with me. Nice. Very illustrative arguments. No internet tough guy eh? You can place me on your ignore list, but I'll keep asking questions and calling out crap when I see it, and you sir, argue like the soft messy turd that my dog left in the yard this morning. Smelly, messy, and lacking of substance. (She was sick and only had some rice... poor doggie). I'm not a DO and I'm not bashing you. All you've done is attack the messengers not the message and you aren't being a good messenger for your own side of the debate, and in fact are only hurting your cause.

Chuck's Right Foot
Trust me, it's not a little laptop, and my fingers aren't little either.

why the sudden change of opinion, lizard?

Change of opinion? Not sure what you mean. I feel I have been very transparent with my feelings about this issue. If you are still feeling in the dark, check out my recent post on the 2013 application thread. I don't want to double post.

FOLKS!!!!!

May I remind everyone that this is a forum for professionals and future professionals. When you signed up for an account on SDN, you indicated that you have read and agreed to SDN's Terms of Service Agreement.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/sdn-forums-terms-of-service/

Please take the time to read the terms of service.

Any action taken on behalf of SDN by moderators and administrators will be based soley on violation of the Terms of Service.

May I also remind people that there is the "Report Post" function and also "Ignore User" function - both very helpful. Any reported posts will be taken seriously by the moderator and administrative staff and any action will be based on the Terms of Service.

Along that note, please construct your argument in a dignify manner. The way you conduct your argument is just as important as the argument itself. This is an important topic for the osteopathic community ... and members from both sides (those attacking RVUCOM as well as those defending RVUCOM) deserve the right to be heard. However, if this thread continues to degenerate, it will be closed.

Well if you want to make it a posting contest, please make not that I have been posting on SDN for 2+ years and almost 500 posts (mainly defending the school that I believe deeply in).

Please feel free to check out my post history and read for yourself what another student thinks.

As many of your class repeat over and over - we are not there and you are. Fill us in, then. Obviously we're not as involved as you guys are, but quite frankly because you guys are so involved, you might be emotionally and intellectually incapable to recognize the tenuous situation you may be in.

Or you could posture some more.

Please feel free to read my post and post any constructive feedback on the pre-osteo 2013 thread.

I think we all realize that life in medical school in general, and RVU in particular is tenuous.

The letter that we were asked to sign was one that encouraged the AOA to come to the school and allow the students a proper forum to ask their questions. Nothing more, nothing less (unless the letter was changed after the signatures were obtained). Since signatures were obtained 5 days ago, this letter has taken on a life of its own, fueled by extremely negative and hurtful posts by a single person at the school; and further encouraged by annonymous posters on this and other forums.

I urge DO Down to consider the rest of the class and take the time to sit down an talk as a class, instead of claiming to represent the whole group. Until that time, I have a hard time seeing the point of view that he or she is taking.

The AOA approved the change over that has occured. They are involved and will continue to be. Whether they are right or wrong in their actions will continue to be debated.

Liz

Please feel free to read my post and post any constructive feedback on the pre-osteo 2013 thread.

I think we all realize that life in medical school in general, and RVU in particular is tenuous.

The letter that we were asked to sign was one that encouraged the AOA to come to the school and allow the students a proper forum to ask their questions. Nothing more, nothing less (unless the letter was changed after the signatures were obtained). Since signatures were obtained 5 days ago, this letter has taken on a life of its own, fueled by extremely negative and hurtful posts by a single person at the school; and further encouraged by annonymous posters on this and other forums.

I urge DO Down to consider the rest of the class and take the time to sit down an talk as a class, instead of claiming to represent the whole group. Until that time, I have a hard time seeing the point of view that he or she is taking.

The AOA approved the change over that has occured. They are involved and will continue to be. Whether they are right or wrong in their actions will continue to be debated.

Liz

Thanks for the reply. Naturally, the curiousity is why the need to replace the dean and board so early in the school's history, and the supposed 'personal issue' leading to the Dean's resignation. You say he wasn't there. Anyone can say anything about a person not in the room. Time will sort out the details, I suppose.

from this point, I will refrain from making a personal comment to anyone.

I've already heard the version of story from DO Down, now, can we have the side of story from RVU students?

RVU students, please stop the personal attacks and empty threats and non-substantive statements, and give us a detailed story.

I've never been a fan of RVU as an institution (no offense to you students), so naturally I wasn't surprised by the information that the op presented. Don't worry, I can see through the op's rhetorical hyperbole to his core accusations. If they are true, you can pretty much bet your school will lose any respect it has left. As my earlier post suggested, I'd be glad to hear some supporting evidence from the other side if someone from your class would be kind enough to post it. Also, don't for a minute think what is happening at RVU doesn't affect the rest of the osteopathic/allopathic community.

First of all, its not my class. I go to another school. Keep in mind, this OP was making an emotional plea to others to bail him/her out. Not my responsibility, or yours. This thread reeks of someone with serious buyers remorse that hopes someone will swoop in and fix their poor decision. All of this persons assertions about the quality of their upcoming training, etc. remain to be seen. Whether RVU will be a tragedy of ineptness and greed that turns out unqualified clinicians isn't something that can be determined at this point. Once that occurs, be my guest. Have they even announced increases in tuition at this point? Can anyone quantify lost clinical rotation spots?

Effects? Again, it will take time to know the real significance of all of this. In my opinion, it will sort itself out. Would I go there? Nope. I didn't even apply there- but I also didn't apply to the Yakima school, for many shared reasons even though it is much closer to home than where I am going.

I am not trying to stick up for the school really, I just think there is a lot of premature judgement being made about a situation that has revealed few true details so far. Patience, people.

Last edited:
What a waste of time with some of you... I'll let you puff your chest and have the last word. I'd rather study than waste my time with little "come backs". Best of luck in the future for who ever puts up posts.

Hoopberg,

Risking his neck anonymously on an internet forum? are you serious?:laugh:

I couldn't disagree with your assessment more. To boldly put forth his name in defense of our score just to earn points with the current administration at the greater risk of alienating the larger DO community is a brave act. Especially if one believes DO Downfall that we are on a sinking ship.

tkim,
the precise reason WE came on here was to call out DO Downtrodden for starting a thread on this site with a post that is nothing but speculation and half-truths masquarading as facts. You and and some of the other RVU naysayers on this site couldn't possible be in any position to have any opinion this matter because not only do you not have all the facts but the facts you are basing your commentary on are LIES and HALF-TRUTHS.

The reason the rest of us all know this to be true is because
a) We attend RVU
b) even we don't have all the facts yet

Fortunately we have enough facts to know, in the words of Donald Rumsfeld, what the "known unknowns" are and that's what most of Do Downfalls exploits...your ignorance to the agreed upon facts, which are few and far between in his or her posts. The original post reads like karl marx trying to ghostwrite for Truman Copote.

If you believe that one of us is privy to information that the other 151 of us aren't you are making judgments based on preexisting biases you have against RVU...not objective reason.

Concubine,

how does one rebute half truths about sensitive information pertaining to our school over the internet? it would be nice if you took those same analytical skills and applied them to the original post.

What respect our school has left? what respect does YOUR school have to begin with? I never hear people mention WVUCOM in the same breathe as top DO schools like PCOM, DMU, MSUCOM and AZCOM. In fact I forgot your school existed until I looked at your profile. And yes posting on here 1,000 times before you are even in med school is a waste...I came on here when I was applying as well I search and read the information pertinent to my aims and moved on...never felt compelled to post once let alone 1000x.

What respect our school has left? what respect does YOUR school have to begin with? I never hear people mention WVUCOM in the same breathe as top DO schools like PCOM, DMU, MSUCOM and AZCOM. In fact I forgot your school existed until I looked at your profile.

Is this what's going to happen? Personal attack that run this thread down? I urge everyone to not respond to those personal attack and stooping to their level, so this thread can remain open and future development can be observed and discussed.

As outsiders, we do not know the facts. But we DO KNOW that the board of trustee page is taken down at RVU website, this suggest profound changes on the board. Can you guys elaborate what happened, RVU students? You will help the premeds.

Am I getting this right? Looks like this:

1. The dean of RVU is gone (Martin)
2. The board of trustees is gone
3. The average age of an RVU student is 13

Yeah handy and you got a 39J on your MCAT....Let's do the math on that one real quick so I can go back to studying. avg MCAT score 28 SD 2.8 (that's being liberal) #of people who take the MCAT last year ~68,000

two stardard deviations = 95% of the bell curve distrubution with 2.5% on each side. .025 x 68,000 is 1700...but you didn't score a 33.6 handy you scored a 39. That mean you scored in the 99.99 percentile putting you in the top 100 students in the country who took the MCAT...and you got a 12 on the verbal reasoning section but apparently, according to your posts and your essay score you have the writing accumen equivalency of a chimpanzee fishing for termites with a twig. that or your just a BS artist with way too much time on your hands....hmmm....what would Occam say?

Am I getting this right? Looks like this:

1. The dean of RVU is gone (Martin)
2. The board of trustees is gone
3. The average age of an RVU student is 13

Am I getting this right? You are unable or unwilling to read this thread in its entirety. You have an ageist avatar with a cliche statement about kids and lawns. You resort to ad hominem attacks while in the very same statement condemning people who post ad hominem attacks. Am I getting this right?

Is this what's going to happen? Personal attack that run this thread down? I urge everyone to not respond to those personal attack and stooping to their level, so this thread can remain open and future development can be observed and discussed.

As outsiders, we do not know the facts. But we DO KNOW that the board of trustee page is taken down at RVU website, this suggest profound changes on the board. Can you guys elaborate what happened, RVU students? You will help the premeds.

But Handy you go to a top tier MD school and think Cranial Osteopathy is nonsense that precluded you from attending a DO school. You got a 39J on the MCAT. Why do you care about RVU? Why are you on SDN? Why o why handy aren't you in the lab at Sinai curing Tinea Pedis? The gods are laughing at you.

But Handy you go to a top tier MD school and think Cranial Osteopathy is nonsense that precluded you from attending a DO school. You got a 39J on the MCAT. Why do you care about RVU? Why are you on SDN? Why o why handy aren't you in the lab at Sinai curing Tinea Pedis? The gods are laughing at you.

thanks for the heads up, I didn't see the writing score column when I updated my mdapp profile, I actually scored an R on writing sample.

oh by the way, English isn't my first language, so I don't use perfect English in a casual setting. Go ahead and look down on me.

Am I getting this right? You are unable or unwilling to read this thread in its entirety. You have an ageist avatar with a cliche statement about kids and lawns. You resort to ad hominem attacks while in the very same statement condemning people who post ad hominem attacks. Am I getting this right?

:caution: Are you really going to attack DrMidLife? That's pretty low, and to say she's ageist is to miss the ironic humor of her avatar.

I really don't have any interest in getting involved with this debate. I do feel the need to get involved when people want to fling mud at people, or get into unprofessional behavior, especially when its directed at a member who in my short time here has been nothing but gracious to other members.

Can members please just stay on topic and discuss what happened in a sensible manner? I mean, I know "the internet is serious business" but c'mon, show some respect for each other and have a constructive debate. Being a tough guy over the internet doesn't help your cause or make it easier for people to understand your side of the issue. Let's keep it respectable, everyone on both sides here. :idea:

Yeah handy and you got a 39J on your MCAT....Let's do the math on that one real quick so I can go back to studying. avg MCAT score 28 SD 2.8 (that's being liberal) #of people who take the MCAT last year ~68,000

two stardard deviations = 95% of the bell curve distrubution with 2.5% on each side. .025 x 68,000 is 1700...but you didn't score a 33.6 handy you scored a 39. That mean you scored in the 99.99 percentile putting you in the top 100 students in the country who took the MCAT...and you got a 12 on the verbal reasoning section but apparently, according to your posts and your essay score you have the writing accumen equivalency of a chimpanzee fishing for termites with a twig. that or your just a BS artist with way too much time on your hands....hmmm....what would Occam say?

admin, please consider banning clearly disruptive posters first before closing this thread and deprive us of an important place of discussion.

running this thread to the ground with trolling and destroy this discussion is clearly their intention.

As histrionic as the OP might have appeared, the majority of the people who came on to defend the school have resorted to equally embarrassing and counterproductive personal attacks with very little clarification of the issues.

Keep it up and you'll have no voice in the forum to correct the misinformation you say is being spread.

USUHS in Bethesda Maryland.
Tuition = free

Concubine,

how does one rebute half truths about sensitive information pertaining to our school over the internet? it would be nice if you took those same analytical skills and applied them to the original post.

You know, perhaps I did too hastily judge. I stand corrected. I'll hold off until accusations are either confirmed or proven wrong.

what respect does YOUR school have to begin with? I never hear people mention WVUCOM in the same breathe as top DO schools like PCOM, DMU, MSUCOM and AZCOM. In fact I forgot your school existed until I looked at your profile. And yes posting on here 1,000 times before you are even in med school is a waste...I came on here when I was applying as well I search and read the information pertinent to my aims and moved on...never felt compelled to post once let alone 1000x.

Your personal attacks simply show a lack of confidence and professionalism. Also, for your information, I do NOT attend WVUCOM. I don't have anything against WVUCOM though, seem like they produce some great physicians.

Last edited: