calling schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMcWorried

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I haven't heard anything from a school (even though my applications has been complete since early Oct), is it appropriate to call them to ask about the status of my application? Or should i just wait for some type of notification?

Members don't see this ad.

Go ahead and give them a call.

If I haven't heard anything from a school (even though my applications has been complete since early Oct), is it appropriate to call them to ask about the status of my application? Or should i just wait for some type of notification?
If you've just been complete for a month, that's not overly long for a lot of schools to evaluate your application, unfortunately. I agree with the previous poster that you can go ahead and give them a call to check on the status of your application if you want. They probably will just tell you that it's still being reviewed though. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to relax and let the process do what it does. Many people have been complete on here since August or early September with no news from many schools (such as myself). Give it some time.

If they have notified you that you are complete, I agree with Haemulon. Give it a bit more time. There are probably a whole lot of people who have been complete longer than you. It's frustrating, but calling isn't going to speed up the process.