Cambodian - URM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellybirb

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Dumb question, but are Cambodians considered URM when applying? If yes, is it everywhere or just specific schools? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, at some schools in CA, probably not in places that lack a Cambodian community.
Language skills will make a big difference.
Thanks for the reply! Do you know which schools specifically?

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of secondaries are asking if I would consider myself URM, so I am wondering this for other Southeast Asian countries as well. I've been trying to find what groups the AAMC would consider as URM, but it seems like they've lumped all Asian countries into the same category (Chinese, Korean, etc are not URM for sure).

Should I still answer questions that are specifically meant for URM applicants? I've yet to meet a Cambodian/Thai/Laotian/Hmong/Burmese physician, and I live in CA. However, I don't want to offend or take up space meant for those who are traditionally defined as URM either.

Is it a check box or does it require some text?
If you can write something, say that you've never met a Cambodian/Thai/Laotian/Hmong/Burmese physician among the n=x physicians you've interacted with in your life.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it a check box or does it require some text?
If you can write something, say that you've never met a Cambodian/Thai/Laotian/Hmong/Burmese physician among the n=x physicians you've interacted with in your life.

It requires text, so I will include your suggestions. Thank you so much for the advice!