Camp LeJeune Visitor Quarters/temporary Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RugbyJC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are 5 visitor quarters at Camp LeJeune according to the web. Still need to call and also figure out where they are located, but has anybody stayed at one on this base? Know if some are better than others?

Im rotating down there next month and figured it would probably be the closest and least expensive option. Any imput? I know there can be a lot of variability to the VQs and some can be a long communte if there's traffic and I don't know the area at all.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There are 5 visitor quarters at Camp LeJeune according to the web. Still need to call and also figure out where they are located, but has anybody stayed at one on this base? Know if some are better than others?

Im rotating down there next month and figured it would probably be the closest and least expensive option. Any imput? I know there can be a lot of variability to the VQs and some can be a long communte if there's traffic and I don't know the area at all.

Thanks!
When I rotated through there for PA school (which was a while ago) there were awesome deals on beachfront condos south of the base during the winter. You went in through the back gate so no traffic. It was about a 30 minute drive so it would depend on the rotation.

David Carpenter, PA-C

Thanks. I am currently investigating the condo option. There do seem to be some nice deals. I was also looking at subletting in Jacksonville, but I did not realize the traffic issue...something i need to investigate more, obviously.

I will be driving my car and rotating in psych--not FP. I wanted to learn a little more about the Marine side of things and see medicine outside of NMCP.

If anyone has any advice on the area otherwise I am all about it. Thanks again