Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anything we need to bring (picture, ID) with us to the interview?
That information should be in the email they send you

How do you (current students) like the curriculum and how it is laid out?

Members don't see this ad.

That information should be in the email they send you

How do you (current students) like the curriculum and how it is laid out?
The integrated curriculum is conducive to greater long term knowledge retention, and making those important connections between anatomy, path, physiology, pharmacology, and all of the other courses that get rolled into our blocks. I like everything except the way anatomy is taught. The powerpoint format doesn't seem to be conducive to seeing how the 3D structures are laid out, but perhaps anatomy is taught like that at every medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did not see anything pertaining to things to bring in the emails.

I did not need any ID. They have your name on the list when you sign in at the security desk.

Last edited:
Got the waitlist email today! Anyone have any idea how soon they will tell us our tier that we're in? (High, medium, low priority) They said on interview day that they would wait until the interviews are all over to exactly rank us but they would put us into tiers until that time.

Anyone else from the Rocky Mountain region going to be attending here?

Also, how far is everyone on their matriculation paperwork. Are you all procrastinating with me, or am I the only one??

Anyone else from the Rocky Mountain region going to be attending here?

Also, how far is everyone on their matriculation paperwork. Are you all procrastinating with me, or am I the only one??
I'm coming from Utah. My paper work is all but done I just have to wait until I get my second round of hep b vaccine because my titers were low when I got my physical.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview here February 29th!
I am really excited to see this school, and I am honored to have an interview. I have heard a lot of great things!

Anyone have anything in particular they would like to share about their interviewing experience?

I saw some people mention during the interview they were asked science questions? How common is this?

Also, this school is in a "Christian environment"? Which I am totally fine with.
Just curious..how did/ do you guys feel that was portrayed? Heavily? Lightly?

Feel free to Private Message me.

I look forward to meeting some of you and seeing this awesome school! :)

I am really excited to see this school, and I am honored to have an interview. I have heard a lot of great things!

Anyone have anything in particular they would like to share about their interviewing experience?

I saw some people mention during the interview they were asked science questions? How common is this?

Also, this school is in a "Christian environment"? Which I am totally fine with.

Good luck on the 29th! I'll be interviewing that day as well. Maybe I'll see you there.

I am interviewing that day as well! Look forward to meeting y'all!

Last edited:

Hardly any mention of this at the interview. I think the only time it was brought up was in reference to the medical mission trips that are on offer through the program (however, by my estimation bringing medicine to underserved communities is not strictly unique to Christianity). The "environment" that was portrayed during interview day was one of a serious medical school with modern facilities. In fact, during the tour of the building, one of the MS2 guides pointed out a small room that is designated for private prayer; she stated that the room is almost always used for studying, and jokingly added "I don't think Jesus minds."

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an II. Is it safe to say it's for the wait list?

Anyone interviewing on March 21st? Also, does anyone know how much the waitlist moves?

Anyone interviewing on March 21st? Also, does anyone know how much the waitlist moves?

It varies every year. Don't expect a lot of movement but it really depends on how many people get accepted to other places and decide to go elsewhere. A lot of students will hold seats at multiple schools until they have to make a final decision.

According to previous threads, a good chunk of last year's student body got accepted off of the waitlist.. so I don't think the outlook is that bad, depending on where you're ranked.

But again...that's all second hand info from previous threads :) hope it still helps

According to previous threads, a good chunk of last year's student body got accepted off of the waitlist.. so I don't think the outlook is that bad, depending on where you're ranked.

But again...that's all second hand info from previous threads :) hope it still helps

Thank you, I appreciate it. That's what I am sort of gathering. Basically, if I can get on the waitlist, and be ranked high enough, there's a shot.

Hey guys. I'm apartment hunting in lillington as we speak. Other than that list that was posted on page 30 or 29.... Any other places to look at for living ?

Interviewing for the waitlist on March 8th. Does anyone have any tips for the interview at CUSOM?

Hey guys. I'm apartment hunting in lillington as we speak. Other than that list that was posted on page 30 or 29.... Any other places to look at for living ?
If you just search on Craigslist or Zillow for apartments and houses, you can find some good deals for non-apartment complex housing.

when you receive an email to set up your CUSOM email, there will be housing information provided

now that is march, can we still expect interview invites from cusom?

I might be giving up my waitlist spot here soon due to being accepted to my alma mater's allopathic school. Loved this region and the school a lot but I think I should make a move off the wait list for one of you guys.

Reactions: 1 users
*Update*

I just sent the email to withdraw my application from any further consideration. I really hope my spot on the waitlist goes to one of you. The school is beautiful and I would have gladly attended with my head held high.

Reactions: 4 users
*Update*

I just sent the email to withdraw my application from any further consideration. I really hope my spot on the waitlist goes to one of you. The school is beautiful and I would have gladly attended with my head held high.

I think I was the recipient of that spot! Just got the call this morning, Thank you!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today!....Is there a fb group for accepted students?

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Im interviewing here soon and would like some advice from past interviewers. Is it better to get a taxi or rent a car? The microtel is sold out so im thinking of staying at a cheaper hotel near the Fayetteville airport even though most are 40+ minutes from the school. I figure the cheaper hotels further from the school will balance the high cost of mileage. Any advice would be appreciated! I dont have much traveling experience.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hi! Im interviewing here soon and would like some advice from past interviewers. Is it better to get a taxi or rent a car? The microtel is sold out so im thinking of staying at a cheaper hotel near the Fayetteville airport even though most are 40+ minutes from the school. I figure the cheaper hotels further from the school will balance the high cost of mileage. Any advice would be appreciated! I dont have much traveling experience.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
You have clearly never paid for a taxi if you tjink buying one for a 40mil ride on a very time sensitive day makes sense ;)..... Rent a car