Campbell University Incoming Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angelnico1e

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I thought it would be a great idea to start a forum for people that are applying to Campbell University School of Pharmacy this year and would be matriculated in fall 2021. I know early decision is ending today, so if you applied early decision or you’re applying regular decision join the discussion and tell us about you! Ask questions, give comments, anything you want!

A little about me: I just applied early decision to the CU school of pharmacy as it is my school of choice. I’ve been doing undergraduate work for two years and received an associate degree. I take the PCAT in two days (wish me luck) and I have a 4.0 GPA. I have no pharmacy experience, but the field of medicine really interests me!

Let’s all make friends!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hey everybody! I thought it would be a great idea to start a forum for people that are applying to Campbell University School of Pharmacy this year and would be matriculated in fall 2021. I know early decision is ending today, so if you applied early decision or you’re applying regular decision join the discussion and tell us about you! Ask questions, give comments, anything you want!

A little about me: I just applied early decision to the CU school of pharmacy as it is my school of choice. I’ve been doing undergraduate work for two years and received an associate degree. I take the PCAT in two days (wish me luck) and I have a 4.0 GPA. I have no pharmacy experience, but the field of medicine really interests me!

Let’s all make friends!
How did you do on the PCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I did really well! I got in the 79th percentile. Did you take it?
Yes. I didn't do very good, but I have a bachelor so the schools that I am applying to don't really care about PCAT if you have a bachelor

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I know how that is. The school I’m applying to made the PCAT optional so my score really doesn’t matter. I’m just hoping that the interview goes well and I get in. If I had known the PCAT didn’t really matter I sure wouldn’t have spent all summer studying for it lol.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I know how that is. The school I’m applying to made the PCAT optional so my score really doesn’t matter. I’m just hoping that the interview goes well and I get in. If I had known the PCAT didn’t really matter I sure wouldn’t have spent all summer studying for it lol.
Lets hope for the best. Is Campbell University School of Pharmacy 3 or 4 years program?

Is that a four year program? I didn’t even know places had three year programs
Yes it is 4 years. There is also Midwestern University they do 3 year program. There is another school opened a pharmacy program now called Creighton University, but I am not sure about their program. I think it's hybrid or online.

I thought about trying to find somewhere online to do it but it seemed like it’d be a lot of work to do online so hopefully they’ll be back at the school doing it by next year.

I thought about trying to find somewhere online to do it but it seemed like it’d be a lot of work to do online so hopefully they’ll be back at the school doing it by next year.
Yeah online seems challenging especially the labs.

Definitely. I’m doing all my classes online this semester including organic chem and physics and calculus and it’s really difficult and stressful

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely. I’m doing all my classes online this semester including organic chem and physics and calculus and it’s really difficult and stressful
Hello! I applied to Wingate University and Campbell University, and just got accepted into Wingate. I just received an email for an interview invitation for this Friday, September 18th at Campbell! When is your interview date?

Hello! I applied to Wingate University and Campbell University, and just got accepted into Wingate. I just received an email for an interview invitation for this Friday, September 18th at Campbell! When is your interview date?

The same date as yours! It’s great you got accepted into wingate; i only applied to Campbell.

The same date as yours! It’s great you got accepted into wingate; i only applied to Campbell.
thank you, I'm sure you'll get into Campbell! Looking forward to possibly "meeting" you on Friday!

Yes I did, everything was on Zoom! It was from 1-3:30 pm with a MMI format for the interview questions.

The one we have for Campbell is super long lol. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of questions did they ask during the interview? I’m kinda nervous about it; I’ve never done an interview before.

That's a lot of science courses and that should be very difficult. Good luck!

The one we have for Campbell is super long lol. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of questions did they ask during the interview? I’m kinda nervous about it; I’ve never done an interview before.
I noticed that! lol I was wondering what we could possibly be doing for all that time with a 2 1/2 hour gap for interviews, that's insane! But I talked to one of the professors at Campbell and he said that they were using the MMI format as well. It's nothing to be nervous about but they're using scenario-based questions instead of your normal interview questions. For example, they might ask how you would decide whether or not to sell syringes to someone who doesn't have a prescription for anything that warrants the use of syringes. Or what you would do in an instance where you're friend cheated on an exam in pharmacy school. They seem intimidating at first, but I think they're honestly just trying to gauge your moral compass. You'll be fine!

I noticed that! lol I was wondering what we could possibly be doing for all that time with a 2 1/2 hour gap for interviews, that's insane! But I talked to one of the professors at Campbell and he said that they were using the MMI format as well. It's nothing to be nervous about but they're using scenario-based questions instead of your normal interview questions. For example, they might ask how you would decide whether or not to sell syringes to someone who doesn't have a prescription for anything that warrants the use of syringes. Or what you would do in an instance where you're friend cheated on an exam in pharmacy school. They seem intimidating at first, but I think they're honestly just trying to gauge your moral compass. You'll be fine!

Thanks so much!! This helped me.

Have you heard from Campbell yet?