Campbell University Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmaCgirl

PharmD/MSCR Candidate
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not seen ANYTHING from someone who is at Campbell. Most posts seem to be from other universities, mostly in Calif./Florida/etc......

Anyone been there done that or doing it now? I am a Dual Degree student, just finished the first year of the MS-Clinical Research and about to start my P1 year in August.

I consider myself a good student, did very well in undergrad and in the Masters classes, but this is a whole new ball game, much more rigorous so I am trying to prepare myself the best I can since I will be taking P1 classes as well as 3.5 hours of Masters classes, and working 10 hours a week....need all the help I can get!

Any advice/tips? Things you wish you would have known or did?

Study help/aids/tips?

Best/Worst professors/classes?

Anyone doing the dual degree, taking Pharm D and MSCR classes at the same time during the P1/P2 years? Seems like it's gonna be a VERY busy schedule.....

Anything else you want to share/think we should know?

Also regarding the dress code and women: must women always wear panyhose with skirts? (asking since august/sept. are just too hot for that!) and also it says no flip flops, but must all our dress shoes be "close-toed"?

Thanks!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have applied to Campbell too. How is it going and do you have any pointers on getting in. They say they are waiting for my fall transcripts..
Thanks

hey guys ! I looove Campbell University and I really wanna go there! Has anyone recieved an interview letter? What about Howard? I'm aiming for Campbell though ! Pray for me :luck:

p.s.
I kno this might be random but when i get like majorly stressed about this whole admission process I listen to Jordin Sparks song One Step At a Time..its really encouraging

Members don't see this ad :)
Campbell is my top choice also. Did anyone attend the open house this past Saturday? Sorry to the OP because I don't know about the dual degrees. But there are some old posts regarding Campbell, just search for it.

futurepharmer13, you're not from the RDU area by any chance?

I was going to apply there, but then I realized you need to have a Bible-based religion class on your transcript.

I was going to apply there, but then I realized you need to have a Bible-based religion class on your transcript.

That is true, since it's a baptist affiliated school. But I'd say that is a small price to pay to be accepted to a program. They let you take the class at their campus if your school does not offer it, and can be the last class to take before matriculation (plus after all of the sciences, it would be an easy class).

inquirer89...i am frm baltimore, md .. so idk maybe u have the wrong person? but good luck guys ! i pray taht we all get in :p campbell uni has like been the bestttttttttest helpers *yeah i kno bestest isnt a word* but ms usina is amazing shes so sweet and seh takes time out to actually help the student

as far as the dresscode goes..well i never knew htere was one but yeah i understand the no open toed shoe rule cuz i guess like cuz of lab classes and all? but omg isnt NC mad hot?

The dress code is mainly so that students will look professional and worthy of the school and career- can't wear sweats and flip flops like in undergrad anymore lol. It's like that in any graduate and professional program.

NC does get pretty warm, especially in the summer months. But we are graced (or cursed?) by a 4 season climate, so we kind of get everything.

Their average composite PCAT was 71% for this year's incoming class. Check out their PharmCAS page for more info.

I got an email from Campbell saying that they will further review my application once they receive Fall grades and my January PCAT score...so it'll be a while before I know my fate. Good luck to everyone else.

Their average composite PCAT was 71% for this year's incoming class. Check out their PharmCAS page for more info.

I got an email from Campbell saying that they will further review my application once they receive Fall grades and my January PCAT score...so it'll be a while before I know my fate. Good luck to everyone else.
Good luck!!

I was at Campbell for a summer program this past summer and we got to meet a couple of students doing the dual degree programs. Those in the dual Pharm D/MSCR program said that it was manageable. No lie you will have to spend more time since you have more hours but none of the students said it was impossible. And they certainly didn't look miserable either if that's any consolation. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
:( hey guys i just got my rejection letter today ..
i need some cymbalta, 60 mg QD

no, i never got an interview, they just rejected me

Was this your only school? If not, good luck with your others. If so, work hard over the next year to improve your application.

Quck question...
Did you ever receive a letter stating your application was complete and they would be reviewing your file. I received this letter and they said to give them until January before contacting them about your status.

thnx inquirer 89 .. i hope u get into campbell

and um yeah i did get a letter *well, email* saying htey recieved my stuff and all and i called them yesterday actually and they told me that i should hear something in january but i got the email this morning rejecting me :(
belmont is my second choice i hope i get in

and um yeah i did get a letter *well, email* saying htey recieved my stuff and all and i called them yesterday actually and they told me that i should hear something in january but i got the email this morning rejecting me :(

Do you have an undergrad degree futurepharmer13? If all else fails and you have an undergrad degree look into their dual programs. You can go one year and work on your masters then apply again. I met a couple students there who told me they started out in the masters then got into the Pharm D program later on. Good luck with your other schools.

That's weird. I wonder why they do different things for different people. I had an email informing me that my application was not complete about a month ago and I sent in my supplemental to complete my application. They then mailed a letter to me.

Good luck with Belmont. Have you heard anything from them? I haven't yet.

I just received an interview by phone call. So stay by your phone. Good Luck!

Anyone else hear back today?

Have not heard back either. I am curious how they will contact me though because it seems people have been contacted via email, mail, and phone. Good luck all.

When is your interview Antimony? I got a call by phone on Friday for a December 18 interview but I'm considering taking the January interview.

Have not heard back either. I am curious how they will contact me though because it seems people have been contacted via email, mail, and phone. Good luck all.

Is anyone still waiting for an interview? I completed my apps last July and called today to check the status. I was told my app is still in review because they were waiting for my fall grades. If this school has rolling admissions, does it mean chances are pretty slim now that they have probably fulfilled most spots?

I am still waiting...I don't know why they would be waiting for my fall grades because I did not take any prereqs for that school over the fall. They are on rolling addmissions but I am not sure how many they have already accepted.

I have had interview invites/acceptances from other schools, but no word at all from Campbell.