Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you get the interview invite by phone? I just missed a phone call from Lillington, NC so it's someone from CUSOM.

I'm trying to be positive because they wouldn't reject me by phone would they?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get the interview invite by phone? I just missed a phone call from Lillington, NC so it's someone from CUSOM.

Yes they call to schedule IIs

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I called back and left a message. I will call back again before 5pm EST.

Do they not leave a message if they are calling to schedule an interview? Only asking because I have to keep my phone on airplane mode at work and don't even see missed calls unless they leave a voicemail :(

Yes, they did. Very friendly and helpful staff. Looking forward to going!

Reactions: 1 users
Do they not leave a message if they are calling to schedule an interview? Only asking because I have to keep my phone on airplane mode at work and don't even see missed calls unless they leave a voicemail :(

That's just cruel even if it is a necessary precaution lol.

That's just cruel even if it is a necessary precaution lol.
Lol! I work in the ED in a hospital where there is absolutely zero service. I just keep it on airplane mode so I can at least use wifi and get iMessages if I need to! I leave work every day hoping for voicemails for IIs haha

For those that just got II's, when are you all going? Anyone going Nov. 15th?

Also, for all those wondering, the lady on the phone said a November interview is still early. The class has not filled yet.

Man... How long does it usually take to get a secondary? I know they have a shard screen but I pass all of them. Unless they screen qualitative factors, but I still think I fit all the EC criteria and more.

Anybody interviewing oct 10th?

Just got an email regarding hurricane matthew being worse than expected and to attempt to cancel plans if we can :/

Hope everybody is okay over there!!

The campus is closed tomorrow officially, so your interviews are likely also cancelled. But wait for official email.

I am supposed to have my interview on Tuesday. Does anyone have any idea what roads are like?/Will the interview be cancelled? My flight is at 8am tomorrow so there's no chance I'll be able to call Admissions beforehand and actually get a response.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am supposed to have my interview on Tuesday. Does anyone have any idea what roads are like?/Will the interview be cancelled? My flight is at 8am tomorrow so there's no chance I'll be able to call Admissions beforehand and actually get a response.

From what I understand the roads are rough. Trees down and power outages. I'm in Durham (45 min north of Campbell) and some stuff is still flooded.

How long did it take people to get a secondary app from Campbell?

About 6 weeks.

So just had a conversation with a Lillington resident. He described the area as "disaster zone", No deaths or injuries in the local area that he is aware of but he stated that the flooding was the worse he had seen in 30 years.

Needless to say that this will probably set back the admission stuff by a few weeks.

Just keep everyone in your thoughts/prayers for people here in NC & SC. Mathew was a monster.

So just had a conversation with a Lillington resident. He described the area as "disaster zone", No deaths or injuries in the local area that he is aware of but he stated that the flooding was the worse he had seen in 30 years.

Needless to say that this will probably set back the admission stuff by a few weeks.

Just keep everyone in your thoughts/prayers for people here in NC & SC. Mathew was a monster.
That's terrible... I hope they were prepared!

Does anyone here that has received an II have any kind of arrest record? Misdemeanor?

CUSOM is open tomorrow officially. Classes are resuming as planned. I would obvs wait for the call or just call later today. The main road down to CUSOM is cleared, but I think a lot of smaller roads aren't. Power is still down in a lot of areas even up in Raleigh.

When they called me, it showed the number coming from India. I almost didn't answer!

Reactions: 1 user
Got put on a post-secondary hold at the end of September :( emailed Admissions and they said I'm interview eligible and they can offer me an interview from now until March at their discretion...anyone else in this situation or know someone who has been in this situation and gotten an II later?

Got put on a post-secondary hold at the end of September :( emailed Admissions and they said I'm interview eligible and they can offer me an interview from now until March at their discretion...anyone else in this situation or know someone who has been in this situation and gotten an II later?

How were you informed of being on hold? Email?

Withdrew my application because I was accepted else where. Hope one of you guys that's still waiting for one gets a chance

Anyone interviewing on November 8th?

Looks like I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Definitely not an easy choice, but I got accepted to my state school so I think it is for the best! Luckily I got accepted literally hours before I planned to pay the $1500 deposit lol. Good luck everyone.

Looks like I will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Definitely not an easy choice, but I got accepted to my state school so I think it is for the best! Luckily I got accepted literally hours before I planned to pay the $1500 deposit lol. Good luck everyone.

MD program? Where at?

Pre-secondary rejection just now.:( Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Accepted!!! W0o! so pumped to go here, amazing place

What were your stats?
GPA 3.6 s3.4 but low MCAT. I have 2000+ hours of direct patient care and good ECs and LORs. I was hoping that would overcome the lowish MCAT, but it did not. This school and ACOM are the only schools (applied to 16 DO schools) that I haven't received a secondary. No II yet.

GPA 3.6 s3.4 but low MCAT. I have 2000+ hours of direct patient care and good ECs and LORs. I was hoping that would overcome the lowish MCAT, but it did not. This school and ACOM are the only schools (applied to 16 DO schools) that I haven't received a secondary. No II yet.

What's your mcat?

Just wondering if anyone can share the number of ppl they accept out of a random interview day?

Just wondering if anyone can share the number of ppl they accept out of a random interview day?

I don't think there's a set quota. If they like you and feel that you will be a good fit for their school, they will accept you.

Denieeeeeddddddd post-interview. Damn thought this one went pretty well, regretting not sending those thank you letters now lol

Denieeeeeddddddd post-interview. Damn thought this one went pretty well, regretting not sending those thank you letters now lol

do you have a hint why? Not sure what the interviewers are looking for at this school

do you have a hint why? Not sure what the interviewers are looking for at this school

No idea why lol, i actually got a long very well with my interviewers and one of them id say went incredibly well. However i did get grilled by the first one. Im want to chalk it up to not writing thank you's, since they really stressed getting us the information and cards for them. Thats probably not it and it was more likely my interview, I'm just unable to evaluate my own interviewing skills

Laying over in Raleigh coming from ACOM tomorrow. Shame I couldn't just interview at CUSOM :p.

No idea why lol, i actually got a long very well with my interviewers and one of them id say went incredibly well. However i did get grilled by the first one. Im want to chalk it up to not writing thank you's, since they really stressed getting us the information and cards for them. Thats probably not it and it was more likely my interview, I'm just unable to evaluate my own interviewing skills

So are you saying that they give you the 3 interviewers contact information after the interview? Possibly as a sort of secret test of your manners?