Campus that offers Chem I & II over summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panthera

the big cat
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a campus that offers Chem I and II over summer back to back. (First few weeks chem I. After finishing chem I, then take chem II)

Can anyone help me out by letting me know if your school or you know of school that has this option and can be taken by students that are not enrolled in their four year curriculum. I'm looking to move anywhere that has these classes to offer.

Even a CC would work if it's back to back and not simultaneous.

Greatly appreciate your help!

PS - I would have taken chem I this upcoming spring but it's already full/closed.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
you could move to texas:thumbup:

XD plenty of those summer I & II semester options available here:D

A couple of the Cal States do...

California State University Northridge did, at least last summer. CSU Fullerton did as well I believe? Not sure.

UC Berkeley ... they offer both ochem 1 and 2 in the summer but im not sure if it will cause and time conflict issues. You also do not need to be a student to take summer courses here although its really expensive.

UMass Boston does it with both Gen Chem and Orgo. Each summer session is about 6 weeks long and they are back to back, end-of-May through early-August. I did Gen Chem this summer and it was pretty manageable.

Hey, thank you guys. REALLY REALLY appreciate the help! Keep 'em coming, if you know of anymore. Doesn't have to be in cali either.

if you want to trek, Boston U, Boston Col, Harvard all have summer gen sci classes

The UNC system offers general chem I and II during the summer....

The UNC system includes
UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC)
UNC Greensboro Greensboro, NC)
UNC Asheville (Asheville, NC)
UNC Charlotte (Charlotte, NC)

Asheville is probably your best option, low cost of living and they have one of the best chemistry departments in the state....

lots of schools do...

If they don't have summer schedules up for next year already you could always check to see if they have any archived from previous years. I believe Yale, Columbia and NYU do too (not positive about nyu). I was going to take Orgo at Yale or Columbia but just ended up staying at DUKE (summer courses are 6 weeks here). I also looked at Northwestern but they are on trimesters so it's split into 3 courses, so it ends pretty late in the summer. In addition to that other school mentioned in NC :rolleyes: I know people that took chem at NCState as well...

Brooklyn College :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think most big schools will offer Gen Chem 1 and 2 in summer. Why are you looking to go so far to take those classes?

University of Toledo has those though. Six weeks long back to back of course starting mid May I think.

I think it might be close to 2 thousand per class for out of state students. I took OChem 1 there last summer which was about 950 and I'm instate.

I know of a community college that offers chem I and chem II in the summer....if you want to move to the Chicagoland area...

Arkansas State University

University of Colorado - Denver

I think the question that you should ask is what schools DON'T offer these classes. You don't need to look far to find these classes over the summer back to back.

Just look up your nearest few schools and I'm sure that the majority of them will have what you want.

Hey, now summers approaching, just trying to find what universities have two chem classes offered back to back during summer school . If your school has posted a summer school schedule now, and has both chem classes offered please let me know, as my university does not have that option.

thank you.

Oakland University has Chem 1 & 2 offered during the summer, Chem 1 is the first 8 weeks, and chem II is the next 8 weeks. These are each 5 credit courses because a 1 credit lab is attached to them, you CANNOT take the lab separately, but must sign up for the lab as part of the class. It's about $280 a credit, so your summer will cost you around $3000 after books.

Edit: These values are for in-state tuition. Also summer classes start May 2nd and last till August 14th.

Eastern Michigan University does.

UCLA has the 2 quarters of general chem lecture. but if you need all the labs, you can't take the 2nd general chem lab until you've taken the 1st quarter of ochem.