Can a Colour blind student apply for pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Desmond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, i am colour blind(red and green colour blind) , Can i apply for pharmacy . Does university accept those who are colour blind into the pharmacy course?

I am worried as i am really interested in Pharmacy.
Pls enlighten me.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would directly contact the schools that you are interested. I do not think this would be a major concern, although you will be required to distinguish pills as a pharmacist, esp. in retail. However, I think if you can recognize your color deficiencies that you will be able to account for this disability with no problems. I personally would not hold it against you.

Ummm, I don't think it would hinder you. As long as you can see numbers (NDCs), I'd think you'd be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who is a colour blind pharmacist here? i want to know to what extent it post a hindrance to u all in the daily tasks.:confused:

Anyone who is a colour blind pharmacist here? i want to know to what extent it post a hindrance to u all in the daily tasks.:confused:

you'll have trouble telling the difference between pill colors. which does make a difference.