Can A Person Do Master of Surgery In Both Anatomy And Surgery ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajeshpandey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can A Person Do Master of Surgery In Both Anatomy And Surgery ?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. The better question is why?

lol. typical question from someone of indian descent

and before i get labeled as racist...i am indian

Members don't see this ad :)

No, he's got a point. I am also Indian and there's plenty of IMGs who come on these sorts of forums without any real understanding of how the medical school system works in the United States. In India the degree you get in medical school initially is an MBBS, equivalent to getting a sort of Bachelor's degree in medicine. You don't get an MD until you finish a specialty residency or fellowship, and the term MD isn't a very specific one - India, being the lovely country that it is, loves to use acronyms for every possible qualification possible (e.g. MSc for Master of Science, MA for Master of Arts, M.Comm for Master of Communication, etc), so I can see why he's confused.

Rajesh - please go read up on the manner in which the US medical system awards degrees prior to posting something like this. For your benefit, graduation from medical school gives you an M.D. and once you have completed a residency + boards, you get nominated as a fellow in the respective association (ex. FAAP = Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics).