Can a short interview be a good thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toofster

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had my first interview at my #1 school today, and the interview went a lot shorter than I expected. The interviews for everyone were scheduled in 45 minute increments. I felt like I answered all the questions well; I honestly can't think back to a single thing particularly wrong with my interview.

One of the interviewers (there were 2) was having major microphone issues (which he was aware of) which made it really difficult to understand what he was saying and limited the conversation a lot. They seemed impressed with several things, but then they ended the interview at about the 20 minute mark.

So my question is: can a shorter interview mean they actually liked you a lot?

Members don't see this ad.

I just had my first interview at my #1 school today, and the interview went a lot shorter than I expected. The interviews for everyone were scheduled in 45 minute increments. I felt like I answered all the questions well; I honestly can't think back to a single thing particularly wrong with my interview.

One of the interviewers (there were 2) was having major microphone issues (which he was aware of) which made it really difficult to understand what he was saying and limited the conversation a lot. They seemed impressed with several things, but then they ended the interview at about the 20 minute mark.

So my question is: can a shorter interview mean they actually liked you a lot?

relax and trust the process...

When I interviewed, I had a 30 min slot and used only about 14 min of it. Was in the auditorium after just waiting for the rest of my fellow interviewees to come trickle in. I got in and am currently in my 3rd year of dental school. Don't read too much into it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
relax and trust the process...
Yeah, I know. I personally have a problem with replaying things in my head in worst-case scenarios.

When I interviewed, I had a 30 min slot and used only about 14 min of it. Was in the auditorium after just waiting for the rest of my fellow interviewees to come trickle in. I got in and am currently in my 3rd year of dental school. Don't read too much into it.

I really appreciate hearing that. Hopefully, my interview truly was a good one. Looking back, I'm scared I was scatterbrained and that my answers might not have been super clear. But ultimately, I know I did my best with the circumstances that occurred and I'll just have to try to relax until December 15th.

Yeah, I know. I personally have a problem with replaying things in my head in worst-case scenarios.

get used to it
it gets worse in dental school and the even worser when you are in practice...