Can a withdraw for a class the last quarter hurt acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tony101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone asked me this and I didn't know how to answer this. Lets say you are accepted to medical school.
Lets say you have a quarter or two left before you graduate. What happens if you get a W that quarter?(or one of the two?) Does that affect the acceptance the medical school gave to you? Or does a W not really influence anything?

Edit: Of course I'm assuming the W does not count for any Pre-reqs. This is assuming a class that has no relevance on medical school. Like a history class for example.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think most schools would really care as long as it doesn't interfere with your requirements. I jumped ship on a political science course I was taking for fun my last semester (yeah, it was a dumb idea) and no one ever mentioned it.

I don't think most schools would really care as long as it doesn't interfere with your requirements. I jumped ship on a political science course I was taking for fun my last semester (yeah, it was a dumb idea) and no one ever mentioned it.
Wait you withdrew from a class and the school didn't say anything? Yea the class I am speaking about has no relevance in bio. Its for computer science lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait you withdrew from a class and the school didn't say anything? Yea the class I am speaking about has no relevance in bio. Its for computer science lol
I mean I turned in my final transcript with it on there and no one ever said a word. It didn't effect my requirements nor my degree. It was an extra class that I realized I was stupid for wanting to take.
(I do enjoy political science. But when my computer crashed writing my first paper and I had procrastinated and it was due the next day I just went lol nope.)

i also took a science class and didnt take the final and got "I"= incomplete and school didnt say anything