Can admissions committee use my last year interview for a decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I an an reapplicant and I improved in the several areas this year. I talked to a school yeasterday and they said that they have not decided whether give me an interview again this year or just make a decision based on my last years interview (I got WL'ed there). I was curious whether it is a normal practice and whether reapplicants need to be reinterviewed in the following years? Were any repplicants accepted without an interview. For me, the new interview is kind of a waste of time since I wont see anything new.

Members don't see this ad.

I an an reapplicant and I improved in the several areas this year. I talked to a school yeasterday and they said that they have not decided whether give me an interview again this year or just make a decision based on my last years interview (I got WL'ed there). I was curious whether it is a normal practice and whether reapplicants need to be reinterviewed in the following years? Were any repplicants accepted without an interview. For me, the new interview is kind of a waste of time since I wont see anything new.

Yes, reapplicants have to be interviewed again to get an acceptance. A new interview is needed to see if the applicant has matured since the last visit.

There have been occurrences that I have heard on SDN that have shown that an interview was not needed. I know SDN is known for having some misconceptions among pre-meds but I think these were true. I don't see why you would need to interview again.

Hey, that's pretty cool for the schools to have that option.