Can an acceptance be revoked due to poor reference check?

Dec 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Did the person write you a LOR? Or did you list it as your job experience on your app? School rarely contact person outside of lor writters, my PI told me she was never contacted by admission for reference, only some thank you notes from med school saying "we have received your letter for student xxx." If your work experience is not pleasant, why do you even bother to list it on your app?

OP
N
Jul 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
My work experience is related to healthcare, I worked inside a health clinic so I figured it would be worth noting. But no one there wrote me a LOR. I only listed my supervisor since they wanted their information.

echo87

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
They certainly have the right to, yes. Whether they actually do would come down to just how bad the reference would talk about you

Dec 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Very unlikely for school to drop an offer just based on a random person. If you still not sure, drop your deposited as soon as you are accepted. The only two circumstances your admission can be revoked are academic and legal.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Bad LORS can indeed be lethal.

Reactions: Mad Jack

Mad Jack

Critically Caring
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2013
4th Dimension
Even post acceptance @Goro? I thought they check all that before giving the interview or giving the acceptance?
They're not going to call all of the people that didn't write you letters or anything, don't worry about it. If they didn't already write you a letter, you're fine.

Reactions: oOKawaiiOo

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student

swolebrah

sup
5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Bad LORS can indeed be lethal.
No thread derail but I have a quick question .

I am also accepted and honestly just want to party it up and live life to the fullest before I go to med achool.

Is it ok if I get one C here and there if I have all A's and some B's in the rest of my classes for senior year.

Thanks

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
It will depend upon how big a hit your GPA takes and also the time of year you interview.

At the end of the cycle, we're much much more picky.

I am also accepted and honestly just want to party it up and live life to the fullest before I go to med achool.

Is it ok if I get one C here and there if I have all A's and some B's in the rest of my classes for senior year.

Thanks

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
My work experience is related to healthcare, I worked inside a health clinic so I figured it would be worth noting. But no one there wrote me a LOR. I only listed my supervisor since they wanted their information.
Ironically I think inputting supervisor info on AACOMAS is optional.

mathnerd88

5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2013
Status
Medical Student

Thanks
My school says that you need at least a C in every single class you've taken after they've accepted you. You need to read the terms of the acceptance once you get the package.