can an international student get intern license in NY state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njpharmacy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am a P1 student in NY state. I was wondering as a international student am i be able to get intern license or i can't. please need information.

Members don't see this ad.

Back in 2008, I believe NY was the ONLY state that has this law... The bill that states international student can get 3 year temporary license expired and was not renewed.. :mad:

You can graduate there and have them suck all your money $30-40k/year tuition but in the end you have to move to other state.. So, I moved to CA and never regretted since... :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Back in 2008, I believe NY was the ONLY state that has this law... The bill that states international student can get 3 year temporary license expired and was not renewed.. :mad:

You can graduate there and have them suck all your money $30-40k/year tuition but in the end you have to move to other state.. So, I moved to CA and never regretted since... :love:

Thx Momus that's sounds relaxed but while you were studying in NY were you able to work as student intern ??

dunno @ your school...

When I was in school, all students are issued/applied for an intern license at the beginning of P2... You can work as an intern using your Curricular Practical Training (CPT), then use OPT when you graduate

http://www.upenn.edu/oip/iss/visa/f1/cpt.html

Contact your International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office for more info.