Can an MCAT score replace a GRE score for an MPH Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorDoctor.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question is in the title.

Members don't see this ad.

Question is in the title.
I think it's different for different programs at different schools (at some schools, the MCAT may substitute for the GRE for a MSc Bio med engineering. They might still look at the MCAT for an MPH program, but I don't know if that's in addition to the GRE or substituting the GRE). My guess is that you still need to take the GRE for MPH programs, but if you did fantastic on the MCAT, then it's worth showing that.

Since programs could have different policies, it may be ideal to contact their admissions offices directly to know for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes it can. I used my MCAT and never took the GRE and have been accepted to MPH programs. Most schools will accept it but there were a few exceptions like Boston University. You can find out if the schools you're interested in accept it by looking at their admissions requirement page on their website or doing a google search like "[school name] + MPH + MCAT."

Reactions: 1 user
Check each individual program that you are interested in. If they don't have the response on the website, then contact admissions by email.