• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Can any one plz tell me how important of a factor is the PCAT essay?

Leb

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
This was my first time of taking the PCAT (January 2007), and i had such a wonderful composite score (98%), that iam sure will get me any where i want. However, i miss understood the essay topic, which resulted in a grade of 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iam worried if that could be a reason for rejecting my application, or something that will force me to retake the whole test, which i really dont want to do, because it cant get any better than that for my composite score. So can some one plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me something about this?
Is it possible to be rejected because of a low essay score? How big of a factor is this?

omnione

SDN Pharmoderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Omaha, NE via Lincoln, NE - Home of college footba
unl.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
This was my first time of taking the PCAT (January 2007), and i had such a wonderful composite score (98%), that iam sure will get me any where i want. However, i miss understood the essay topic, which resulted in a grade of 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iam worried if that could be a reason for rejecting my application, or something that will force me to retake the whole test, which i really dont want to do, because it cant get any better than that for my composite score. So can some one plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me something about this?
Is it possible to be rejected because of a low essay score? How big of a factor is this?

You have a 98, take it and run! The majority of other pharmacy applicants, including myself, didn't get anywhere near your score. I don't think it's worth a likely drop on your composite just so that you can boost your writing score by 1 point.:)

About the Ads

cp5lb

Go Browns!!!
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Ocean City, MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy

I got a 99% overall and a 2 on the writing score as well. Most schools have a writing sample that you have to do when you go for the interview. I got interviews at all 3 schools I applied to, and got in to two of them. The 2 on my PCAT writing section wasn't mentioned once. I wouldn't sweat it.

Bonbon2007

10+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I feel like a 2 is just a small bump in the road; everyone is right, you shouldn't have a problem.

If you're aiming high when you apply and if your pharmacy school requires an essay, blow them away in the essay (+ interview) so that the 2 will only be a distant memory. I think there always a dozen reasons why some people think they have a school locked down and end up blowing it. I say don't do what some people do and remain indifferent and unmotivated to improve on mistakes to stay competitive.

Good luck and congrats on your high marks. :thumbup:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.