Can any surgeons or residents answer a few questions for me? Thanks a lot.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilroc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a senior high school student doing a research paper on the field of neurosurgery for my AP english class. I must have many sources including an interview with an actual person in the field i am researching. I figured one of my best bets would be to come here and see if a few of you could answer some questions (doesnt necessarily have to be answers from neurosurgeons). Thanks for your time, any help is appreciated!

1. What originally drove you to want to become a surgeon?
2. Did anything in particular draw you away from pursuing a career more dedicated to research, such as neurology?
3. What was the most difficult aspect of becoming a surgeon?
4. What do you do as a surgeon aside from actually performing surgery?
5. How do you cope with knowing that not every surgery may be a success?
6. Could you describe the stress level of your career? Do you feel that it is worth it?
7. Becoming/Being a surgeon requires years, perhaps decades, of dedicated work and training. How has this affected your social life?
8. What has been the most surprising thing youve learned about your career?
9. Do you feel you can be successful as a neurosurgeon without having a genuine care for the well-being of others?
10. You have instilled all of your current knowledge into your past self as you entering college. Do you feel you would still be where you are at now?

Once again, thanks a lot for any answers to my questions. Have a nice weekend.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.