Can anybody recommend me some banks for GradPlus Loans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ILikeFood

NSU Class of 2013
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to Nova in the fall.

I spoke to their financial aid office and they said that once my fafsas in I can search for banks myself. Well my fafsas in and if anyone would like to tell me which bank is the shiznit and which sucks, let me know.

And how does it work after I find one and fill out the necessary paperwork? Does the bank begin corresponding with the school?

If anyone can enlighten me, please do. I'd appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I got my GradPLUS through Direct Loans Servicing center (or something)- it's the feds.

You need to wait for a few more months. Most banks haven't updated their terms. Also, they may change by the time most applicants are choosing a lender anyway.

Usually, after you do your FAFSA your financial aid office will offer you loans. You choose the loans and amounts you want then you choose the lender.

Mine so far are all undergrad loans, but here's my thoughts:

Sallie Mae should be avoided at all costs, if they provide GradPLUS loans. They would call me while in school to try to get me to make an agreement to go into repayment. Like, constantly.

I've got a directloan consolidation, and they were great to work with. I was out of school but had zero income and they allowed me to be in repayment but have $0 bills every month.

Wells Fargo has been pretty good to me so far, but I'm not in repayment yet (so I can't say too much pos/neg about them).