Can anyone from AECOM address this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackson123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its decision time, and I am really torn between holding an acceptance at PENN vs. AECOM by May 15th. There is no doubt that Penn is the better school. However, what is really most important to me is my quality of life over the next four years. I have heard from many, that AECOM has a very nice social community (I am jewish by the way). What concerns me though, is the location. I am afraid that by living in the Bronx for the next four years I wont be able to do the things that I enjoy most. I am more of an outdoor person, who is obsessed with playing sports. Can anyone who goes to AECOM or is going to AECOM next year offer some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

it's true, living in the bronx is sort of like being in the future in Terminator 2. the crime's so bad that the whole borough is policed by machines, which long ago turned on their masters and began slaughtering humans at random. i hear that med students at AECOM pretty much don't get outside the dorm or class buildings (there are underground tunnels) unless J-Lo comes through with her security detail to clear the area as a public service.

If you are concerned about a Jewish community, Penn has a lot more Jews (6000) than there are students at Einstein.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are concerned about a Jewish community, Penn has a lot more Jews (6000) than there are students at Einstein.

I'm at Penn now for my post-bac, and I would have to concur. The Hillel here is really, really, nice.. I think it was built just a few years ago. So I'd reconsider.

i'm super outdoorsy and planning on going to aecom in the fall. i plan on heading up to westchester (there are a lot of buses going up there) to hit some trails. there's a ton of gorgeous outdoors stuff there and the area is really nice.

if you end up at aecom, you won't be alone :)