Status
Pre-Medical

docemmettbrown

5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2013
TN, USA
Status
Pre-Medical
Interesting, does anyone have any input on this. If so would you recommend it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Next Step Tutor

MCAT Guru
Sponsor
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2013
Tucson, AZ
nextsteptestprep.com
Status
Pre-Medical
They have a get a 30+ score or your money back guarantee.
Somebody needs help with their Verbal Reasoning!

:p

Snark aside, read that guarantee again carefully. They do NOT guarantee a 30+ or your money back.

Literally no company in the world could guarantee that and stay in business - the simple reality of the bell curve on the MCAT means that the huge majority of test-takers will be scoring between 3 and 29. The only way a company could say "30+ or your money back" would be by refusing to work with any student who doesn't score 27+ on their diagnostic exam.

What they DO guarantee is the same thing that Kaplan and Princeton do - a free repeat of the course, not your money back.

Their refund policy is also pretty standard for the business - a refund minus a bunch of fees if you change your mind right away (they say 10 days).

What I find most curious, though, is that it looks like all you're buying is materials and a study plan. You're not getting an actual classroom course (or even videos?) and you're certainly not getting any one-on-one attention. I'd give them a call and ask them actually what you're getting for your money. Notice that the products are all called "study plans".

I bring this up b/c you say you don't have the self-discipline to stick to a study plan. So spending several hundred bucks for a study plan made by someone else doesn't necessarily sound like a smart move for you. SN2ed's plan is free (as is the plan I posted).

Attachments

OP
ciestar

ciestar

All grown up! MS4!
5+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student

Last edited: