Can Anyone Give Me Info on Postbacc Program Creighton Offers??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HippocratesX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

just wanted to ask if anybody has heard anything about the Creighton Univ. Postbacc program for Minorities? I would really appreciate any feedback from people, especially if you are a student at Creighton (not necessarily postbacc). I am a URM, and I was thinking of doing a postbacc to raise my gpa. Ideally, I would prefer to do a postbacc at American University or MCP Hahnemann to be closer to family (and not in the middle of a cornfield, i might add:)But, I'm willing to do anything for 1-3 years to get into a good medical school. Also, I have a brother who's a surgeon at Creighton's St Joseph Hospital and It would be cool to be there under his mentorship/advice in studying, taking the MCAT for the first time, etc. My stats are reaaaaaallly crappy, but That's because of several personal problems and a family crisis that I have now come to deal with. So, basically, I'm looking for any advice on what i should do, and/or information on how tough it is to get into Creighton's postbacc program??? Please help:)

Members don't see this ad.

bump. bump. Can I get some love or what folks? Please??...Pretty Please?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Nebraska (cornfields and all) and it is really quite a good program. You are to late to apply this year and you need to have been rejected to apply. The criteria for applying is that you have been educationally (did I spell that right?) or economically disadvantaged. I think they take 7 or 8 students, pay you $40/ day you are in class, and provided you get B's (80%) you're in. Good Luck. Peace.

Hey thanks for your replies! I do know that its too late to apply for next year, but I only recently started looking into it for the following year. Actually I haven't really applied to med schools at all yet (or taken the MCAT).

If Creighton's postbacc program requires one to have already applied (and been rejected) to medical school, I guess I can just apply to one school next fall and take the MCAT this August (in an attempt to fit the requirements of the program). Good idea or Bad? Any suggestions?

Has anyone who applied to the Creighton premed postbacc program heard from them yet?