Can anyone recommend a good workbook...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NubianPrincess

Perpetually Bored
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
or quality website tutorial for Calculus I - III? For some reason, the textbooks just dont explain the methodology of solving the problems enough for me...Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen book called 3,000 solved problems in Calculus, but I don't know if it's any good.

I looked at a book called Calculus Made Easy, and I really liked it, but I'm afraid it might be too simplistic for your needs.

I always find Amazon.com a pretty good place to look around. It's just too bad you can't flip through the books. I think Borders.com often gives you a table of contents for books.
--kris

When I have trouble with something I still take out my high school calculus text...it's authored by Leibnitz, and it's really thorough and easy to read

can't remember the publisher information, but if you search around by the author's name you could probably find an older edition around somewhere. :)

Its funny you say that...in high school I aced my pre-calc-intro to calc class. I know its high school level, but I understood calculus level concepts such as integration. But when I got to college, I couldn't understand the exact same stuff! (Or my professor, he had a really heavy accent)
That 3000 solved problem book sounds intriguing. The "Calculus Made Easy" book didnt work for me because the story lines bored and annoyed me to no end, no matter how much I tried to follow them anyway. But thanks!