Can anyone tell me if NYMC handed out any pre-interview rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blazed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not heard anything from NYMC as of yet. My file has been under eview since Jan 10, come on man that sh** is only 6 pages, these adcoms make it seem like it is damn near 500 pages. Well I have interviewed at more competitive schools, no acceptances yet :mad: Just wanted to know what's da deal with this school.

Members don't see this ad.

My bad people I must of double click the mouse. That's why there are two of these postings.

well, blast,

i think i am on the same boat. first of all, i didn't get the e-mail for secondary until mid december. My file is actually complete on 1/16 and no word ever since.... most my MD application get rejected already. I am still waiting word from them and Howard. Hopefully some miracle happens to us..... :D :D :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been 'under review' since 10/8, when my file became complete, and haven't heard anything. I've been interviewed and accepted by better schools, so I don't know what their problem is. Honestly, I think that thier admissions peeps are just a bunch of ******s.

I agree with both of you. That school seems to have some of the most incompetent people working on their admissions staff. They need to get their act together. I have interviewed at other schools that are higher ranked then NYMC, and at those schools my file was completed around the same time.

Has anyone considered the sheer volume of applications that this school gets compared to the "higher ranked" schools you had mentioned interviewing at and being accepted to already. having your file complete in January to NYMC is pretty late. My file was complete in early October and I was invited for interview in earlt December. Hang in there. Why worry about it if you have been accepted elsewhere?

don't worry guys, I called NYMC yesterday and they said that all pre-interview decisions will be made by the end of april, so our wait won't last that long. By the way, my application has been complete since late september!!! so trust me I want this to be over as well...

I hear you Dr. Don. I can not wait.

Damn Late September!! They should have a least showed some respect and told you something by now. Dr. Don I hear you, and I second that motion...

Wow I had no idea that I am now a senior member. I am no longer a rookie!!! I feel like family now. Peace out my people.

Heard that they are giving interview notices out now for the first two weeks in May. This may be the final batch to go out.