can anyone tell me this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shahroseamir

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am looking for some book on pharmacology, whick i can use to prepare for step one. I had studied lippincott but my view about it is that there is more than enough given in it. so i was wondering if someone can tell me anyother souce to prepare for pharmacology.
i will really appreciate the help.
thanks
shahrose :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I used Pharm Recall for the boards. It has all the information you need to know and is in a question-and-answer format so it is easy to quiz yourself from.

isnt there a "big" katzung and a "little" one? if so, what is the main difference? is one just filled with questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Halaljello
isnt there a "big" katzung and a "little" one? if so, what is the main difference? is one just filled with questions?

The smaller Katzung is a distilled, outline version of the parent text, which is also written by Katzung (along with a number of contributers). It's maybe two-thirds text and one-third questions, over a thousand in total in USMLE format for the most part with case presentations. It's very readable and concise. It is considered, along with the Lippencott pharm book, as one of the best overall books for pharm review for the boards.

I also used Katzung s review. I especially liked the "reproduced, with permission" parts. I mean, Katzung took permission from himself to reproduce Katzung s book.