Can anyone tell me what the full name of Goljan is?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to find the audio tapes on amazon? I found a book with a CD (but it was software not audio) Can anyone tell me if it is available somewhere else? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

vtucci said:
I have been trying to find the audio tapes on amazon? I found a book with a CD (but it was software not audio) Can anyone tell me if it is available somewhere else? Thanks.

His full name is Edwardo Papi Luis Path Ology Goljan, His father's name is..well never mind.
I hope he doesn't owe you money, the sucker has not given my 20 bucks he took last Friday. :smuggrin:

You won't get it on amazon b/c it's not legal. (ie. it is a pirated recording of his lectures made without permission)

It appears on other sites (not this one) from time to time; also seen on ebay.

Members don't see this ad :)
vtucci said:
Thanks-- I understand. it just amazes me that no one has bothered to make audio CDs and sell them.
Don't be amazed. You'll find a dozen sellers on Ebay selling the goljan audio. That's where I got mine from. For 3 dollars.

vtucci said:

It is not available legally.

The best resource to learn Goljan pathology legally is Rapid Review Pathology. Depending on when you are taking the boards, a new version is due out later this year.

Why doesn't anyone legally sell the lectures? Well, I could be wrong, but isn't it a big no, no to talk about actual boards questions after the exam? Well, in his audio he talks all the time about specific boards questions people have told him about. Sure, the lectures are officially pirated/illegal, but I doubt Goljan could care too much since he should be in legal hot water just for sharing some of the things he shares (the students who give him the information too).

chillypalmer said:
His full name is Edwardo Papi Luis Path Ology Goljan, His father's name is..well never mind.
I hope he doesn't owe you money, the sucker has not given my 20 bucks he took last Friday. :smuggrin:

I thought it was Jesus Goljan

mattorama said:
Why doesn't anyone legally sell the lectures? Well, I could be wrong, but isn't it a big no, no to talk about actual boards questions after the exam? Well, in his audio he talks all the time about specific boards questions people have told him about. Sure, the lectures are officially pirated/illegal, but I doubt Goljan could care too much since he should be in legal hot water just for sharing some of the things he shares (the students who give him the information too).

His lectures are proprietary, and I think Kaplan would be more upset, although I know Goljan doesnt approve, since Kaplan pays him to give the lectures, they would probably feel scammed more than Poppy.

I really dont think that Goljan's students go back and tell him that those were the questions and the specific stories he makes up. Other Kaplan teachers also tell us about specific stories to help us remember it better so we think its on the boards and we learn it. But maybe they did, who knows. I LOVE GOLJAN!

I know this has been brought up before, so for those interested, the bootleg Goljan audio was probably recorded around Sept-Nov 2001.

Reason: When he's talking about berry aneurysms associated with polycystic kidney disease, he mentions that in the newspaper he gets at the hotel where he's staying, he read that Sharon Stone was "recently" put in the hospital for a ruptured aneurysm. That happened Sept 2001 (thanks, Google).

BDylan said:
I know this has been brought up before, so for those interested, the bootleg Goljan audio was probably recorded around Sept-Nov 2001.

Reason: When he's talking about berry aneurysms associated with polycystic kidney disease, he mentions that in the newspaper he gets at the hotel where he's staying, he read that Sharon Stone was "recently" put in the hospital for a ruptured aneurysm. That happened Sept 2001 (thanks, Google).

He also says he's 58 years old in the tapes. When was he born? That'd give you a ironclad fix on the date of the tapes.