Can ANYTHING Be Done?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buck Wild

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so i've gotten a couple of rejections and a "hold" for further consideration. So now what? I really want to speak with someone, in an interview setting or not, just so they know how strongly i feel about becoming a physician.

Should i send a letter back pleading for an interview?

Should i keep sending them more stuff even though they closed my file?

HELP.....

Any suggestions will be considered....

Members don't see this ad.

try sending additional LOR's and an addendum detailing your interest in the school.

For the holds, I definitely would send more information... It shows that you are serious and interested in attending their school. I personally wouldn't for the places that closed your file. Still maybe even more importantly, I would not get too excited yet. Its barely November and other schools still have some time to come through. How many schools have you not heard anything at all from? I would contact those, make sure that your file is complete (I just found out one school was missing a letter from the dean of students that froze my application-- I thought it was complete in Sept!) You never know, there could be a school that wants to interview you but your file isn't complete...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i am sorry about ur rejections :( , u could call up those schools and ask them politely what they found 'not so good' (for lack of a better word) in ur application, and then use the suggestions to improve on the schools that u are waiting to here from, also for the schools u havent heard from, send them update letters about ur interest in their school, in other words suck up to them, u have nothin to lose!
:)

I agree with the above posters. I would not send anything else to the schools that you have been rejected at, but I would continue to send addtional information to the "hold" schools. Later on, you can always check with the schools that rejected you about ways to improve your application. Just convey to them that you are very interested in their school and would like to know what you can do to make yourself a more competitive applicant.

Also, I would check with those schools that you have not heard anything from, just to be sure that your application is complete. I just found out that one of the people who is supposed to be writing my letters of recommendation has failed to do so. I thought that I was complete, but a number of schools are still waiting on that letter. One of the schools told me that this more common than one might think.

buckwild, just curious...how many schools did you apply to?

I'm on "hold for interview" at UCSD and want to write a letter restating my interest. Should I mail it directly to the Dean of Admissions or to the Admissions Department?

Does anyone have experience with this?

i applied to 15 schools. heard no's from 3, 1 hold.