Can AZCOMers do rotations in Tuscon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you do 3rd and 4th year clinicals in Tuscon with U of Arizona students? I know you wouldn't be able to do all that many, but can you do some? I might end up at AZCOM but my wife is interested in U of Arizona, for grad school. Trying to figure stuff out, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Plus you can do some rotations at hospitals in Tucson that aren't part of U of A.

You can set up your own rotations there and in the area, plus, some of them are on the rotation lottery system. Hope that helps.

Hey do dogs not wag their tails? Of course you can.

:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem,

I'm actually planning on doing a few of mine back home in Idaho!

From someone actually in the thick of rotations-- how are you enjoying the preceptor style vs "traditional" hospital settings and how many hospital settings do you get to experience?? also, do you see any hope of increasing the amount of time in surgery--other than electives?? I'll be joining you this fall and am super excited-- just want to have a little better idea of what to expect!!

Jim Jones,

I can be more specific about rotations at Univ. of Arizona for azcom students.

NO WAY during 3rd year. I know because I'm in the process of setting up my rotation schedule.

Univ. of Arizona will open their doors to visiting med students in their 4th year only. In general this is the policy at most Med schools for students outside their institution.

Cheers