CAN DAT in 2 weeks!! uhhhh...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mystere-ious

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
The Canadian DAT is less than 2 weeks away, and I'm still so ill prepared.

Does anyone have any suggestions/techniques/advice on how to do well on it (all sections)?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many questions can you get wrong in each section and still score a "20"?

If you are talking about the academic avg, there are lots of different combinations which can yield a score of 20. each section is scored independently (ie - bio, g chem, o chem, etc) and each section has a corresponding score which is avged for the academic score. you could score an 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 respectively on bio, g chem, o chem, reading, math. each score also corresponds to different percentages, so a 20 in reading comp might correspond to 90% while a 20 in bio might correspond to 93%. From there you can figure out how many problems you can answer incorrectly.

Your best bet would be to have (or find) someone who scored similarly to what you are aiming for and ask them for their percentile breakdowns.

good luck!
ricegirl

Preparing for the DAT takes some advance planning and a lot of study time. If that hasn't worked out for you, then I would suggest that you do your best to concentrate on the material just a little more until test date, since the exam's coming up so soon. Yes, you won't be able to cover everything, but spend some extra time on the topics that you don't seem to understand quite as well.

Timing yourself on full-length DAT practice exams really helped me budget my time and work more efficiently on the actual test. But you may want to avoid doing any practice tests on the days leading up to the test, it may make you more nervous. PAT practice questions, though, would be helpful to do. I know that most people say that you shouldn't study the day before, or a couple days before the exam so that you can relax... but if you feel ill-prepared, then the extra study time just might help. Go for it and maybe you're feel more confident test day.

Try not to stress yourself out this week and just do your best, that's all that anyone can do. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Took a crash course for the Canadian DAT...got as many copies of practice CanDAT's as I could...practiced practiced and practiced carving....and crammed in 5 days of studying right before the test...the Can DAT is not too hard when you compare it to the US DAT or the MCAT...just pull out your undergrad textbooks and brush up on any sections you're a little shaky on. Don't spend too much time on one section if you don't understand it, since you'll only get like 1 or a max of 2 questions pertaining to that section (eg: embryology or genetics or acid-bases). I got above 20 on all sections except the carving...and I'm at UBCdent now.

Good luck!

UBCdent class of 2005

DAT is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!