Can DO schools see past AMCAS/MD applications and vice versa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kubyx

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that given AACOMAS and AMCAS are separate application systems, schools would not be privy to previous applications from the other system. However, I recently had an interview at a DO school and my interviewer had some really suspiciously pointed questions that made me feel like he was aware of my previous applications to allo schools. He eventually began asking about the number of DO and MD schools I applied to, and I erroneously said I had applied to slightly more DO schools than MD (honest mistake, I really did think that on the spot). The interviewer began smiling as if he caught me in a lie, and when I went back to check, I had actually applied to two more MD schools than DO. I know it's a bit neurotic, but I have this sinking feeling in my stomach like he knew I was lying and had caught me in it. The whole interview felt like an interrogation into my previous allo applications, which I had never mentioned in my application.

Does anyone actually know for certain whether or not that is the case and that DO and MD schools do not have knowledge of the other application process?

Members don't see this ad.

They probably noticed your eyes were injected before anything you said flagged them.